SWA looking more and more like the legacies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately,

My company and Union and Pilot group thought of SWA as arrogant, thus shooting down a deal of a century. Now, as you will see soon, F9 will be turned into a slave labor second rate carrier. At least we keep the animals and names. We sure Showed SWAPA!

CYA

Hopefully not (slave labor)...best to ya!!!

Last edited:
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/08/frontier-execs-pilot-deal-may.html

This SW management team was ill-equipped to play in the Frontier bankruptcy process. It seemed not to understand the dynamics of the process or the obvious bottlenecks and complexities involved. It was naïve and it didn't know it. It underestimated Republic and its talented management team and it overestimated the reception to a Southwest bid, especially by the Frontier stakeholders. Could it have won Frontier with a better conceived plan? You never know, but it chances would have been greatly enhanced.

Salute

That and it would have been a great springboard with Lynx to feeders (never been prouder of a union and pilot group in regards to Lynx- there is one group who gets it!) and international- and beyond all the mud- your group would have fit in here well.

Thanks for that compliment. We have a bunch of Great people working here at Lynx and most of us (if not all) were saddened by the news that things didn’t workout. I had a chance to read the transcripts and I’m still in shock. Sigh… See you guys around DIA and remember “there will always be a seat on my “Q” for you”.

Jelloflyer

Jello and for that matter F9ers,
I will not hesitate to buy you a beverage on an overnight. This deal went the way it did for whatever reason, but there are no hard feelings either way. See ya on the line.

Not sure how it will work until it comes out tomorrow...but i would say your friend is out of luck at getting a bus shot until all of the current pilots on the F9 list are in the left seat...I could be wrong.

I'm just curious how F9 sees a permenant fence is a good thing. Here are a few negative scenerios that I find not only negative for career expectation, advancements and furlough protection, but it fostors a whipsaw environment....

You say a permenant fence stays in place until all F9 pilots are in the left seat. Well....
  1. That means, F9 needs to grow a lot bigger for that to happen. In the mean time, BB has plans to fly E170/190 on the F9 side. A permenant fence prevents cross fleet bidding. (I forsee F9 having career Airbus FO's)
  2. If for any reason BB feels a particular route is not profitable on a Airbus, he will place an E170/190 on that route. Less Airbus aircraft, means more furlough F9 pilots. (a permenent fence is in place prevents F9 pilots from bidding any E170/190 slots.)
  3. To compete effectively, cost has to be inline or lower than our competitors. Well since F9 pilots pay will be higher then a E170/190 pilot pay, I can guarantee BB will not hesitate to cut cost. (Whipsaw!)
Lets talk about SLI...

There will NO staple to anyones list! However, since a permenant fence prevents cross fleet bidding, F9 pilots potentially will be penalized since they can't bid to any aircraft that is not an Airbus. Sure there will be one seniority list, but since F9 pilots have no aircraft to go to, F9 pilots most likely will be furloughed.

So too ALL F9 pilots who advocate permenant fencing until all F9 pilots are Capt's, how is this a good thing??

I'm just curious how F9 sees a permenant fence is a good thing. Here are a few negative scenerios that I find not only negative for career expectation, advancements and furlough protection, but it fostors a whipsaw environment....

You say a permenant fence stays in place until all F9 pilots are in the left seat. Well....
  1. That means, F9 needs to grow a lot bigger for that to happen. In the mean time, BB has plans to fly E170/190 on the F9 side. A permenant fence prevents cross fleet bidding. (I forsee F9 having career Airbus FO's)
  2. If for any reason BB feels a particular route is not profitable on a Airbus, he will place an E170/190 on that route. Less Airbus aircraft, means more furlough F9 pilots. (a permenent fence is in place prevents F9 pilots from bidding any E170/190 slots.)
  3. To compete effectively, cost has to be inline or lower than our competitors. Well since F9 pilots pay will be higher then a E170/190 pilot pay, I can guarantee BB will not hesitate to cut cost. (Whipsaw!)
Lets talk about SLI...

There will NO staple to anyones list! However, since a permenant fence prevents cross fleet bidding, F9 pilots potentially will be penalized since they can't bid to any aircraft that is not an Airbus. Sure there will be one seniority list, but since F9 pilots have no aircraft to go to, F9 pilots most likely will be furloughed.

So too ALL F9 pilots who advocate permenant fencing until all F9 pilots are Capt's, how is this a good thing??

How is RAH a good thing? I dont see it either.. But we are stuck with each other. I hear we might need ALPA? Is that true? ALso I hear we need higher pay and better benefits?

Lets get working. Just remember, please dont drool over the Airbus. I hear a lot of eager Rah pilots are chomping at the bit to fly the "frenchie". Lets work out higher pay and better benefits because flying an airplane, big or small, loses its romance after about 1 year.

Lets not "whore" out the industry anymore.. "PARITY PLUS"

CYA

Latest resources

Back