SWA LGA Captain Fired

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absolutely not true.

The union MUST file a grievance if requested by the grievant PERIOD. The grievant is the one that is entitled to all of the contract protections and to have their case heard all the way through and including the full System Board if that is what is desired.

Wrong. Talk to a lawyer. You may learn something.

Wrong. Talk to a lawyer. You may learn something.

PCL is correct; the union owns the grievance, not the individual. And unions (including SWAPA) have refused to carry grievances put forth by members when they don't believe it's merited. However, having said that, I can't imagine any union NOT grieving a termination if the member asks for it--if nothing else, then to cover its own ass. In this case, SWAPA is carrying the grievance to ensure the pilot gets due process. I don't know that they expect to win, but they want to make sure she gets every benefit of doubt.

Bubba

Let's face it in any industry where you cost your company several million dollars through your negligence you deserve to be fired( not even accounting for the passengers) she is lucky there were no criminal proceeding as a result.

This job is so easy, and so easy to screw up too.
\

If you are taking it easy on your job because you think it is easy, you WILL screw up.

Stay vigilant and do not become complacent. Ever.

Cant wait to read the CVR transcripts.

Let's face it in any industry where you cost your company several million dollars through your negligence you deserve to be fired( not even accounting for the passengers) she is lucky there were no criminal proceeding as a result.

Then you also deserve to be compensated commensurate with those responsibilities. As an industry, aviation has a long F'n way to go in that respect...

I heard she took the controls at 40 feet. I've also heard the FO is a good guy and a solid flyer. I wish him the best.

Not true. There was no intent to cause harm. Be careful what you are promoting . . . . It's a slippry slope.

Union pilots are “disappointed” by the captain’s dismissal, Southwest Airlines Pilots’ Association President Mark Richardson said in an e-mailed statement.

I'm sure. All of the FOs on her no-fly list must be drowning their tears in Champagne.

Maybe so but lets face it, pilots have crashed with multiple fatalities and the unions have gotten their job back. I won't waste my time agreeing or disagreeing with it. It just is.

Latest resources

Back