Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CoopDog

SWA Pool Dog Paddler
Here's the latest........shush....wait, was that a pin I heard drop?

Since it's been so quiet lately, I'll go ahead and throw out a couple of Q's for hopefully some good answers, rumors, or just about anything dealing with SWA. Just trying to keep the dream alive.

And here they are.....in random order.

1. Any word on used aircraft acquisitions this Fall?

2. Any word on -200 retirement deferrals?

3. Any word on the return of the guys called up last Spring?

4. Any word on STL (as Q's 1 and 2 might be dependant on that)?

Well, that's about it. Looking forward to hearing some answers, even if it is just fluff.....it helps pass the time.

Coop ;)
(Helping keep the dream alive)

1. Any word on used aircraft acquisitions this Fall?

Not gonna do it

2. Any word on -200 retirement deferrals?

All gone by the end of next year for a NET of 25 airplanes

3. Any word on the return of the guys called up last Spring?

Comming back slowly but fast enough to keep from having to hire

4. Any word on STL (as Q's 1 and 2 might be dependant on that)?

No word yet but it would be additional growth requiring more airplanes for next year.

more rumors...

Flew with a very Sr. OAK captain last week who just came back from his PC....

according to the rumors at the school house there might be A (that would be 1) class before year end..... also hiring will be BIG next year... same #s as we have heard lately... 400-600 new pilots onboard.....

Plus a new pilot base, plus a couple of NEW cities...... doubtful that the new cities will be in SC, but you can keep dreamin':D

Have fun wading boys & girls... you will be happy you kept the faith - this place is VERY cool - I still feel as if I have won the Lotto...:cool: :cool:

Flyin'

Interesting article

Coopdog,
I used to live in STL so I looked in the local paper for SWA news and found this article:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/bu...ft+by+American&highlight=2,southwest,airlines

There is a typo in the article (SWA is not getting 42 737-300s next year) but I found it interesting. For one, it is clear that SWA is seriously considering what to do. Also, most of the growth in the city will be from RJs or LCCs which I think SWA is very well fit to compete with. Have you seen how much are those RJs tickets?

I heard several different places from pretty good sources that there would be a class of FAs before the end of the year..

Oct/Nov time frame discussed...

Hmmm??

Mike

flying@swa,

When I dream of SWA flying into to SC, the old guy from "Kung Fu" keeps popping in to say "Patience...grasshopper" ;)

SWA will fly into SC....maybe not in 2004, but they will come.

Yahtz

P.S. Appreciate all the info...you folks rock!...even MLBWingborn who thinks UGA V looks like Robert Shapiro. :(

Aw....Grasshopper

When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, then you may leave. You have to stop slobbering all over my hand though, Dawg!

You know....I just always wanted Kane to just kick that old Hari Krishna looking dude in the nuts and snatch that pebble. But I guess that would have been a little unsuitable for the younger audience in those days.

Keep the faith dude. I'd also like to see SWA rock the Carolina's!

Yahtz..

Six years and you would have thought they could have at least taught you how to read..

I did NOT say your "dawg" looked like Robert Shapiro..I said it looked like it needed to go a few rounds with his plastic surgeon..If you took all the wrinkles out of your "dawg" im pretty sure his ears would end up near his a$$!

A nip here..A tuck there...Or perhapes something more along the lines of a Mikita?

Mike

Mike,

They tried their best to teach us to read at Georgia, but I failed those reading comprehension tests ever time...See Spot Run. Run-Run-Run. They finally just got tired of me and one day somebody threw a dipolma in my car when I had the window down. ;)

Thanks again for all the info!

Yahtz

P.S. Coop...I'll keep the faith even if it take three interviews.

Latest resources

Back