SWA is starting to interview!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hyperboy

SWA is starting to interview. They are family members of LUV Pilots. July 22nd for the above mentioned. Good Luck Go get em'.

Any idea when they will start to interview people from the "outside"? Anybody gotten a call for an interview yet? Any idea how many will be interviewed/hired?

no gouge

From what I understand the interview process has changed. Like everything else they are tight lipped about it.

Any idea when they will start to interview people from the "outside"? Anybody gotten a call for an interview yet? Any idea how many will be interviewed/hired?

I would say "imminently." In a newsline or "read before fly" or something official I read yesterday at work said a decision board was scheduled for July. Hopefully we'll be interviewing off the street by July or August, which means calls for interviews go out starting in the next few weeks (usually a one month notice).

As for numbers, my first guess is it "isn't that much," especially compared to 2006. This is a shot in the dark, but maybe 150-200 more by year's end? I don't know... my guess is they want a pool ready so they can hire like gangbusters on short notice if something huge happens in the industry.

Good luck all!

From what I understand the interview process has changed. Like everything else they are tight lipped about it.

Yep, was told interview has changed. I have it from a very good source it is going to be a panel interview instead of the three individual interviews. No word on the LOI, but I bet they keep it. Oh yea, don't ask about the LOI, top secret!!

I know two people without any family connections to LUV who have been called for interviews in July. One has a type, one doesn't. Update your applications....

Old news........Does anyone ever look past the first page any more??

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=113634

Buddy of mine has no family here, his interview is July 8th.

Also hearing that the interviews are going back to half day affairs to save money. LOI + a panel interview. Good luck to all.

Last edited:
Can neither confirm nor deny any of this.......but I'll be spending half of the day at Love Field the second week of July. No relatives, have the type. 2nd shot

DG.

Latest resources

Back