• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA invades PHL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LearAv8r, you don’t understand: U has plenty of loyal customers, just think of all the Alabama public employees and recipients / beneficiaries of the Alabama pension fund. Too bad Philly isn’t in Alabama. Oh, and…350’s correct – they all paid 200+ million dollars for the 37% stake in U. So, in the long run they “will truly get what they paid for.”

350DRIVER said:
Your point being is...??

3 5 0

My point is. Your obvious implication that SWA only carries a lower class of pax than does Delta is wrong.

enigma

My point is. Your obvious implication that SWA only carries a lower class of pax than does Delta is wrong.

You cannot tell me that the people that "frequent" SWA are the same type(s) of people that are DAL faithful.... I have to disagree completely with you since I saw day in and day out the "types" of people who went SWA versus our pax while I was employed by Delta... Obviously due to the cheap fares that SWA offers people who can't afford DAL are goin the "SWA way", bottom line... - I think you may be a tad amazed if you were in HOU on a friday afternoon BUT regardless if you enjoy being in the back of a cattle heard then more power to you I just prefer the extra service that I get on a DAL or UAL of the industry... Surely nothing personal against SWA.

As you have listed there are always "exceptions" to this "stereo-typing".

3 5 0

SWA

I agree that SWA caters to a "different group",but that "trailer money" seems to be making us alot more than that "Thurston Howell" money Delta is used to.It's all the same color,we just seem to be able to hang on to ours.

US Air used to have 35-40 percent of the pax traffice out of BWI. Enter Southwest. Today, Southwest has 35-40 percent of the traffic out of BWI. My source is the USA Today (so it has to be true) of a few days ago. I would bet that Southwest will not go to PHL to fly around empty planes. Whatever number of flights they have, they will be full or SWA will leave town.

For those that think Southwest offers a crap product and that only the "real majors" can operate a lavish flight, I invite you to buy a ticket on Northwest Airlines. Spend a couple hundo more for the ticket, and unless the flight is over 2 hours wheels up to wheels down, first class gets what coach gets. ONE bag of pretzels and a drink of choice. Everyone on a Southwest plane has more choices and variety.

Norfwest has figured that since only 2% of first passengers actually bought a first class ticket, why give them first class service. This sounds familiar...........yes that's right, Southwest only has one class in the cabin.

Bottom line is that pax want to get somewhere and have some dough when they get there and not spend it all on the ticket. Unfortunately, the "real majors" are a little slow to figure this out.

Latest resources

Back