Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dhampton

Just another number
We saw lots of blue suits and red ties around the training center and over at the headquarters today. It gave me butterflies remembering what it was like to be in your shoes. I hope you all enjoyed the tour and got a chance to tell some great stories! Hopefully we'll see you here in a few months!

If you saw some pilots in the break room with white goop in their ears, that was just class 03 getting fitted for our in-the-ear headsets.

Dhampton

Headsets

dhampton,

Speaking of headsets, what is the word on that at SWA? I cant wait to throw my DC headset in the closet when I come over to SWA. What kind of headsets are they recommending and do all new hires get to goop their ears? Sounds kinda fun....

qxeplt

The goop was great. Now I have one clean ear. When I upgrade to Captain I'll get the other one cleaned. Word 'round the campfire is 4 years.

Last edited:
other words around the camp fire?

Oh wise and learned one, with your one clean ear did any of the elders mention any other pearls of wisdom ... like the pool size on Jan 1st?

The pleasure of having an old guy shove some goop in your ear will cost you $40 per ear and its NOT payroll deductable.

When you guys get here bring lots,and lots of money..You will need it..
Oh..The chart bags and roll aboards are NOT payroll deductable..Be prepared to shell out payment of some kind at the time of purchase..

The leather jackets and uniforms ARE payroll deductable..You will not get a first of the month check..Your second of the month check will be for a whole month of pay..Be prepared to lay out lots of cash and float for 3 weeks without a check..

What a cool place..

Doug..time to eat breakfast..

Mike:eek:

Southwest Interview

I was one of those blue suits yesterday! DAL Asst. Chief Pilot said lots of retirments in 2004. Hiring will be around 800-1000 / year by then.

Overall grat experiance!

Good Luck to all.

SWA interviewee

Hey MLBWINGBORN
Sorry I didn't get back to you, but thanks for the info on the interview at SWA. I had the interview on Jan 21, and now the waiting continues. I found out they have contacted my ref people from SWA and my old company.

I hope your ground school goes GREAT!!!!

looking forward to joining the team, but for now just biting the fingernails.

PS Good luck everyone who has interviewed and those in waiting it is worth it!!! And if anyone hears of any news please let us all know THANKS!

Last edited:
>>The pleasure of having an old guy shove some goop in your ear will cost you $40 per ear and its NOT payroll deductable.

When you guys get here bring lots,and lots of money..You will need it..
Oh..The chart bags and roll aboards are NOT payroll deductable..Be prepared to shell out payment of some kind at the time of purchase.. <<

I have my own airline headset/ bags. Is it mandatory to shell out for things you won't need or what? My stuff all conforms to SW.

<<Is it mandatory to shell out for things you won't need or what? My stuff all conforms to SW.>>

By contract, You MUST buy certain uniform items, but it's a payroll deduction and runs a max of $30 per pay period. The leather jacket is optional and costs about $400. I'd say 80% of us are getting it, some are waiting until next year. You probably already have the necessary luggage items.

dhampton

Latest resources

Back