Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CoopDog

SWA Pool Dog Paddler
Like many of you out there on this board, I've been waiting to hear some good news about getting out of this pool for a long time. Well, I heard some today (I hope).

My buddy at SWA called today to give me some good poop he just heard. His C/P told him that interviews are going to happen soon. I was told they will be looking for interview candidates to CONDUCT upcoming SWA pilot interviews in the near(?) future. These folks should be interviewed soon to be ready for these future pilot candidate interviews. This doesn't mean, of course, that the interviews that many have been waiting for will happen in the next month or two. But it certainly does possibly indicate that they are getting ready to roll.

So what does all this mean? I can only guess. But I do find it VERY interesting that they're gearing up to get folks in place soon to conduct interviews for positions they possibly won't need to fill until possibly May '04. If they aren't going to conduct interviews until late Fall or early '04 like we've seen posted here numerous times, why do they need to start cranking up the Hiring Machine now?

This certainly is interesting food for thought. Anybody in the know on this one?

Coop

Holy Shnikees!!!!

CoopDog,

That's great news!!!! I guess my Magic 8 Ball is way off. It keeps giving me, "No" or "Ask again later". I think I need to replace the fluid inside it with Wild Turkey for better results.

Good luck to all waiting. Take care and fly safe,

CB

Wow, that would be good news for everyone involved... from potential interviewees, to poolies, to newhires in training, to those of us "gettin' our snack on" while sittin' reserve and gettin' our "props in OakTown," hopin' someone doesn't "pop a cap" in our a$$.

I only hope that when they say real soon they are talking "real soon" in dog terms (i.e. dog years) as opposed to "real soon" in geological terms (i.e. mountain and glacier years). I mean, hey, from a geological standpoint the Rocky Mountains and the Big Island are young... the Smokies and Niihau have been around a while.:rolleyes:

I was in recurrent EPT last month whereby Don Nee(recently retired SWA CA) told us that SWA would be conducting interviews as early as June.

I hope this holds true for all ya'll that want to come to work here

HC

SWA Guy, did he substaniate this projection of interviews in any way? I guess my question is why would we need to interview with 200 peeps in the pool. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see it happen.

Chris

I'd gladly ride that roller coaster until I retire!! :)

Latest resources

Back