• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Interview Gouge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not much has changed. All "Tell me about a time" type questions. Mostly about personal interaction or your decision making skills. You have three interviews like this about 45 min long each. The other part of the interview is the LOI. The LOI changes every time but the format remains the same. 5 min with a laminated card that has a situation on it, then 7 min to come to a conclusion with two crew members, then debrief your performance.

Very comfortable setting, and low stress. However, no feedback. They treat everyone nice so you don't really know how you did til you get the letter(bad) or the phone call(good). I am currently waiting by the phone and giving the post man dirty looks. Good luck

Tank68 is right on. I interviewed this past week and it is exactly as he says. The interviewers and other people at Southwest are some of the most positive, happy employees I have ever met. Only solidifies my decision to leave an otherwise stellar career for this possible one on the horizon.

Biggest advice I can give you on the LOI is to ensure everybody is included in the decision matrix, and realize that seven minutes feels more like thirty seconds. I was the most stressed about this part of the interview because I had never done anything like it. But once it was over, I realized that what I had to do is what I do everyday. Make an intelligent command decision in the cockpit. Turned out to be a lot more tolerable than my wandering mind had imagined.

As far as the questions go there is a lot of gouge out there. Get your stories straight and definitely practice with significant other, friend, etc. I didn't do paid interview prep, but it's whatever makes you comfortable. If you think you need it than do it.

I eagerly await news in June/July so we'll see.

Good luck!!!!

Luvin has got it right. The interview is mostly telling stories. IMHO, interview prep is a waste of time and $. Everything that you need to know for the interview is available here or at your local library. If you cannot sleep without the prep, go ahead and get it. Talking to others who have been through it will serve you just as well.

has anyone used "southwestinterviewprep.com" boast %100 pass rate??

who has the nearest prep service in the Southeast???

Chest Rockwell said:
Luvin has got it right. The interview is mostly telling stories. IMHO, interview prep is a waste of time and $. Everything that you need to know for the interview is available here or at your local library. If you cannot sleep without the prep, go ahead and get it. Talking to others who have been through it will serve you just as well.

BSSSSS

Professional Interview prep is the DIFFERENCE between getting the "Phone Call" or "The Letter"

Tim,

Well there is never a shortage of opinions in this forum, all valid. I think that interview prep being the difference between a letter or phone call is, to say the least, a rather rash statement. The guys I know who applied all got hired and none used paid interview prep. However, like I said before, we did prepare. Mock interviews with friends, fellow employees, etc. Just didn't pay cash for it.

Everything I have heard is SWA wants you to BE YOURSELF. Obviously going in cold turkey wouldn't be too smart. There's enough gouge to know what type of questions you'll get. But to go in with a script is, what I understand, not the idea.

Once again, I'm not hired and I only know what I've seen so far. Absolutely read the book NUTS if you haven't already and you'll get a definite feel for what the company is looking for.

I can say now, and even later if it's the "letter," that who I was in the interview is who I am everyday. If it doesn't work out it's not because I didn't prepare or was not myself.

On another note, if you think it'll make you more comfortable, then what's a few hundred bucks for the potential of being a 20 year captain? The choice is a personal one.

Good luck brother!

p.s. If you crack the code to what it takes to be hired you'll be a zillionaire!

Last edited:
jetsetr said:
has anyone used "southwestinterviewprep.com" boast %100 pass rate??

who has the nearest prep service in the Southeast???

I used a pro to help prep me, and he did great job (no longer in the business) but I'd be awfully suspicious of anyone boasting 100% pass rate. Will they refund you money if it doesn't go well?

I was nervous as He!! and only a paid stranger could adequetly duplicate the stress I was going to feel. This is your super bowl, make sure you get a good scrimage.

I suggest your goal is not even to get hired, but to have an interview you can be proud of. If you can just be your self (your best self), be prepared, honest, and ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THEY ASK, then you've tipped the scales in your favor.
The goal of getting hired is too much stress and it isn't really up to you anyway.

Best of luck.

Latest resources

Back