• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Interview Attire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can pretty much guarantee that if you wear the standard blue suit, white shirt and red tie that it will not hurt your chances of getting hired. There are no guarantees if you decide to stray from that format.

Totally goofing here...

Blue suit - Be sure it's powder/baby blue. Wear a powder blue Rick James funky top hat.
White shirt - Sequins are OK!!
Red tie - be sure it matches your crimson red cane, and red leather boots.

I've often thought the standard dress code for interviews is ridiculous. Having an Army of 50 clones in exactly the same getup makes me laugh. There are ways to be conservative that aren't imitative. That said, I'd skip the novelty tie, but dare I ponder <gasp, the horror> a conservative blue tie, or even worse, a shirt with the slightest gray or blue tint?

Many a SWA pilot have been hired with a blue tie. Question is... do you have the guts to do it, knowing a conservative blue tie is inconsequential and the real determining factor is the the interviewees answers and how he presents them! :eek:

I wore a Celtic tie my daughter picked up for me in Dublin. No red in the thing. Just a multi-colored Celtic design. Hired. If it wasn't my lucky tie, I would have worn red. :0

I remember that tie RDG. I liked it. See you soon.

I didn't go the traditional route with my suit, but that's just me. Still got hired. I wore what was comfortable for me.

Anyone see anything wrong w/ wearing a Haloween tie to a SW interview as an ice breaker? I feel that my standard Ronald Reagan might not be totally necessary....

Around this time of the year those kind of ties are quite common and you definately won't stand out. Everyone will probably be wearing some variation of it. You're better off getting a Jetblue tie, one that wont clash with the suit. Now this will really make you stand out in the crowd!!;)

Latest resources

Back