SWA Hiring without Degree?

mwmav8r01

Total Time
The hiring page for SWA only mentions degree being preferred. Are they actually hiring people without a 4 year degree?

Thanks for your time!

Matt

1080P

Dreaming to Live
Total Time
Just another feather in your cap to get the interview, once your in the interview nothing but you matters.

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
Stupid joke about going to Higher Power Aviation to get your type rating. Some say it enhances your chances with SWA.

MILPILOT17

Total Time
8000+
Stupid joke about going to Higher Power Aviation to get your type rating. Some say it enhances your chances with SWA.

Maybe to get the interview, but after that the playing field is even; there are different ways to network and HP is only one of them. Unfortunately I know two people who recently interviewed with the HP ticket and didn't get hired? Good luck to all!

Captzaahlie

My kind of FOD!
Total Time
18k ?
Lol, no degree, no type for me = no chance.

Not the case!
I had neither back in 2000 and got an interview. But decided to change both of those things for the next chance at an interview to show that I tried to better my self. Don't count yourself out until you see the rejection letter in the mail and then try, try again. What have you got to lose?

Richard Gozinya

Vikings Fan
Total Time
WFB
Interviewed 2006, typed and no degree, got the letter.

Interviewed 2008, typed, Check Airmen, degree, got the call.

Dick

Captzaahlie

My kind of FOD!
Total Time
18k ?
Interviewed 2006, typed and no degree, got the letter.

Interviewed 2008, typed, Check Airmen, degree, got the call.

Dick

CONGRATS AGAIN ON THE RECENT CALL!

Guess I shoulda pursued the check airman thing when I had the chance. Time will tell.....

Rich do you know anything about future interview schedules?

Thanks in advance,
Z.

StopNTSing

Total Time
9500+
+1 on the C/A quals

Seems like every new guy with prior airline exp. I've flown with in the last year was more than just a line-dude at their previous carrier (check airman, training ctr, chief pilot, etc). Just the times we're living in I guess...the company can be really choosy these days...

AlbieF15

F15 Ret/FDX/InterviewPrep
Total Time
I know for a fact a recent DB selectee did NOT have a 4 year degree. It is NOT a show stopper. Nice to have, but not required.

I agree with NTSing that having LCA or sim/training experience seems to carry more weight.

Good luck everyone.

learflyer

Time to drill Congress!
Total Time
5000+
I know for a fact a recent DB selectee did NOT have a 4 year degree. It is NOT a show stopper. Nice to have, but not required.

I agree with NTSing that having LCA or sim/training experience seems to carry more weight.

Good luck everyone.

That's good news! I'm an examiner at a training center, and instructor. Now, if I could only get some REAL recency of experience!;)

showboats

Total Time
7000+
In the schoolhouse now...got hired with 2 year degree and spent last 5 years as a Check Airman at one of the fractionals (part 135).