Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ivauir

SNIKT!
Maybe this is old news, but I didn't see it posted yet, so here goes! From the SWA internal website:

Flight Operations continues to analyze our Pilot manning needs for the remainder of the year. We had a New Hire Pilot class of 20 start this past Wednesday the 16th and there are two firm classes planned for March 9th and April 6th with 16 and 24 Pilots respectively.

GivvitF16 said:
Predictions sure to go wrong:
Since HG and I don't have crystal balls (so to speak), I will list the interview dates and status of the next known class. Based on the rumor de jour and your outlook on life, you can predict when your going to class. Yes, we were a little optimistic on our last thread, but other threads had us going to class in 2008 and getting the f-word in 2009!

Maybe we should start a lottery and who's the best guesser, but that's probably illegal and the moderators would ban me, then what would I do with my life? Seriously, great website and good info, just don't take it too seriously.

9 Mar class includes 16 Sep, 20 Sep, & 21 Sep
Anybody from Sep 22 recieved a call??

Sep 21,22: 12 per day
Oct 11,12,13,14,18,19,20,21,25,26,27,28: 12 per day
Nov 15,16,17,18: 18 per day
Dec 6,7,8,9,10,13,14,15,16,17: 12 per day
Jan 10,11,12,13,17,18,19,20,24,25,26,27: 12 per day
Feb 7,8,9,10,14,15,16,17,21,22,23,24: 12 per day

Looks like training is slowing down quite a bit. If these interview dates are accurate, it seems to project a very long wait in the pool. Does anyone have info to the contrary?

Topper,

Those interview dates should be correct. The #'s are people interviewed, not hired. So each new hire class should go through 3-4 dates. I assume it will be the standard 5-7 month wait from interview to class.

Givvit

Or potentially 8-9 months at the "class-a-month-or-so" rate with conservatively 1 class per 4 interview dates. Also, those Nov interview dates have 18-per-day - possibly 2 classes for that month alone.

Now, I'm starting to realize how silly I'm sounding at trying to project out. I know things change - time to log off flightinfo.

"Predictions sure go wrong..."

When I intervewed at AA in 1992 they said they were going to grow to 14,000 pilots. I was furloughed two years later.

You don't really know you have the job until you get an ID with the company's name and your picture on it.

After that, as many of us know, anything can happen...

Unit

According to Toppers quote of interviews up until Feb. 24th, that is a total of 624 interviewees. If, conservatively, 50% of them get hired, then only 312 hired. Rumor had it that there would be 562 hired this year, so that still leaves 250 more newhires for the year, or (at 50% hiring rate) 500 more interviews for the year.
Bottom line (Being optimistic), I think that anyone who has interviewed, or at least had an interview date already set, still has the same chances of getting hired as anyone before. Plus, if interviewed or scheduled for an interview by 2;24 and hired, you should still have 250 pilots junior to you be years end.
Sounds like good numbers to me. Good luck all and keep the faith.

Still projected at 428+ for the year. Slow down is to bring the pace from 750+ for the year back to 428+ and adjust for the heavy Jan/Feb class lineups... likely 2 or more a-month classes may resume in June or so... remember only 120 folks have been hired so far... there is a lot to go to meet the needs of the 29 net aircraft gain this year. And all of this is predicated on not getting any more aircraft from an outside source which while now appearing far less likely is always possible.

Latest resources

Back