• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MLBWINGBORN

Freedom Fighter
Hey guys and gals..

As we all know there have been alot of rumors floating around about the hiring process and numbers in the pool..

I have finally found some quotable numbers and info..
Total number in the pool at the end of March was 275..Figure a few more that splashed down after the last round of interviews..So say 300 total now..

There are 1354 people that have been "pre qualified" for the interview process awaiting interview..

The hiring process has in fact become a competitive process..Those that are"more qualified"move to the top of the list and are going to be called for interviews first..

Three LORs are now required to be submited with your application..No LORS..You get a no thank you letter...In the past you could wait and turn them in during your visit to Dallas for the interview..Not no more..

Although they havnt come right out and said so..I tend to think that as the process of hiring pilots tightens up, having the type rating before application will play an even bigger role than it has in the recent past..And NO..As yet you dont "need"it to be called for an interview.."I cant remember..Did i fire 5 shots or 6..Do you feel lucky..punk?".What a great line..But the point is why take the chance..?

For those of you that are thinking about getting the type..DO it..Dont wait..Depending on your background and other qualifications it might make a world of difference on how fast you get both the interview and hopefully a class date..

Its no longer first in first out..Its now best qualified..first to interview..First to class..

Good luck..
Mike
MLBWINGBORN

Did I read that right?

Mike-

First, thanks as always for your insight. It really helps us out, and we all really appreciate it.

Your last line really caught my interest.

Do you mean to imply that they will drain the current pool based on interview date only, or still the latter of the interview/type date? Or am I reading too much into what you said?

Hummm, interesting.

BD32

Mike
Thanks for the info as always..........we really appreciate it!

Well..
I think you are reading a little too much into what i was trying to say..
I cant confirm how it will effect those already in the pool but my gut tells me that they wont upset the current order in the pool..

My guess is that it will impact all those hired after a certain point in time..

Mike

Pool Wannabe's

Mike
It is always nice to read your insightful information. Any thoughts for those of us waiting to be called for the interview who have all the requirements to include a 737 type ??? In the system since early February...

"Krunch"

Information Flow

Mike,

We all enjoy reading your informative posts. I'm glad you're still maintaining a certain degree of loyalty to the members of this forum. As you remember, the SWA Poolies are all hungry for solid information. Thanks! Fly safe.

:cool:

Latest resources

Back