• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OakRBust

Still Lucky as Hell
Howdy All!!

I checked in with the second nicest gal on the planet today to get the latest interview/hiring news. Enjoy and Good luck everybody!!

1. About 100 in the pool!
2. 5 more classes of 20 this year for a total of approx 400 pilots
3. No interviews in Aug
4. Interviews to start heavy again in Sep
5. Approximately 95% of all people interviewed have the type
6. Many applications on file left with the type. (enough to interview type only till a good bit into next year.
7. Forecast to hire 500 pilots per year for the next 5 years. WOWOWOWOW

Now get off the computer and go play with your kids you sicko's :)

Oak

Thanks for the info. I just sent my check and application to Higher Power for my 737 type a few days ago. It was tough deciding to spend the big bucks, but when I read a post like yours my hopes rise. :D

Do you know an aproximate number of typed pilots SWA has apps from? From the sounds of it, they'll be interviewing everyone with a type within a year or so. That's great news!!

When I went through HPA in Jan 04, Rebekah Krone from SWA PD told to us that everyone in the room would be interviewed this year. I interviewed in Jun, hired in July, hopefully in class by the holidays. Not an easy jump to get the type, but it has worked for a bunch of us. Hopefully it will be what it takes to get you in the door, the rest is up to you. Lots of good gouge on the this board to help get you ready.

Best of luck.

JV

LoveGun said:
I just sent my check and application to Higher Power for my 737 type a few days ago. QUOTE]

LG,

I got my type at HPA Jul 03, interviewed in Jun (like JohnnyV) and hired in Jul. You'll love the HPA program, and you'll have small group time w/SWA reps. It's one of the best decisions I ever made.

JohnnyV,

See you in DAL!:D

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back