SWA GS Prep

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

benelli

Just received my groundschool info for my upcoming class. Little on the worried side given the fact that the last time I looked at the 737 was when I did my type back in 1999. I've got about 2 weeks before the start. Any ideas on how I should set my priorities on what to study. Am I in a world of hurt because of my lack of time or will I have time to catch up while in GS? Any advice would be helpful!!

Benelli,

Congrats on getting on at Southwest. While I'm not there yet (going for my type at the end of this month) I've been doing a lot of studying. Try www.pass737.com. He has all kinds of goodies for LUV pilots.

Good Luck,
Bob

Relax guys,

Go ahead and read some of the stuff they sent you but don't kill yourself studying. You will have the time you need to take in the material and pass during ground school. You will not be asked to build the airplane. If I were to look at something before class starts , it'd be FO flows, flight profiles, and EP boxed items. You'll hear this again..."Cooperate and you'll graduate!"

Good luck guys and welcome aboard!
shootr

PS You're going away for 4-5 weeks, spend time with your families.

Benelli, Congrats!!!!!
Here are the things that are goin to be the most important:
1. Flows
2. Memory items
3. Profiles ( know these hands down)
4. Limitations

Not to say you don't need not know anything else, but these will be the items that will be stressed over and over during ground school. Any FMC info you can get will help as well, being that you will be the lead programmer. Everything else will be detailed in class, the instructors you will encounter are second to none and are there for the newhires. The time in class will go fast and not to mistake the laid back atmosphere for a time to relax and not study, work with your partner closely and working in groups will help to learn the procedures. IMO, this is a chance of a lifetime, study every night and work on the items detailed above, relaxing, although important but not the norm.

Have fun, we are all blessed to be here, take nothing for granted. Smile you are on your rainbow ride!!!

benelli said:
Just received my groundschool info for my upcoming class. Little on the worried side given the fact that the last time I looked at the 737 was when I did my type back in 1999. I've got about 2 weeks before the start. Any ideas on how I should set my priorities on what to study. Am I in a world of hurt because of my lack of time or will I have time to catch up while in GS? Any advice would be helpful!!

Worried? Either you know your stuff (you deserve the job for maintaining preparedness) or you don't (a stressed-out basket case who might/might not deserve working for the best carrier in the industry).

How did you show up when you got your type? Obviously you knew enough to pass the entrance exam to earn your type. Day 1 wash out criteria shouldn't be much of a mystery. At this stage of the game, we all know what the priorities should be. Show up and blow their mother-lovin' socks off! ("Don't fear the reaper . . .")

There are thousands of us on the outside looking in -- do us proud! We're just waiting for our much-anticipated chance to be in your shoes.

Cheers and good luck!

Relax, enjoy the training."All Day Ray" will give you exactly what his nick name suggest. All day to get ready. Welcome aboard, and I agree "spent time with your family".

Latest resources

Back