• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Growing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The possible crew base locations are Las Vegas, Kansas City, Nashville and Tampa Bay. THe annoucement should come in a couple weeks

GuppyWN said:
We now have 4 gates at DEN. We are adding 8 additional flights from DEN day after tomorrow. We are negotiating to have DAL move to another terminal or within C terminal so we can have their gates that are directly across from our existing gates.

I have even heard that Denver is talking about building us our very own Terminal D.

If we can talk $$ Delta into moving and getting at least 8 gates I'd bet money that DEN will be our next crew base. I'd also bet that it would be the second most senior base in the system.

We can hope.
Gup
DEN would kick mucho arse-o. I might have to work at talking the wife into it, but Co Springs is a great town that I'd move to in a heartbeat.

As far as gate space is concerned, an ops agent there told me the other night that the new gates being finished on the West end of C are going to accomodate Delta so that we can have their gates that are close to our original four. And the KDEN Master-Plan does call for a Concourse D. In fact, the train tunnels already run out to the proposed site.

Don't move out here to C Springs. The weather sucks, it is so hot in the summer and it snows so much in the winter. Besides the commute is absolutely miserable. Stay away, stay away!!!! ;)

I am in the pool and was told by the background check folks that I was going to be in the August 30th class. That was 6 days ago. I still haven't recieved an official notice that I am going to be in the class from Kim U. For you guys that are in class, how much notice were you given and how were you officialy notified? E-mail..phone call? I am a little nervous because at the interview I checked the box that it was not "OK" to contact my current employer. When the background check guy called he requested permission to call my current employer and verbaly told me I was going to be in the 30th class. I told him to go ahead and now my current job is in jepordy and I have heard nothing else from SWA.

Anyone?

Helmsmen

Helmsmen said:
I am in the pool and was told by the background check folks that I was going to be in the August 30th class. That was 6 days ago. I still haven't recieved an official notice that I am going to be in the class from Kim U. For you guys that are in class, how much notice were you given and how were you officialy notified? E-mail..phone call? I am a little nervous because at the interview I checked the box that it was not "OK" to contact my current employer. When the background check guy called he requested permission to call my current employer and verbaly told me I was going to be in the 30th class. I told him to go ahead and now my current job is in jepordy and I have heard nothing else from SWA.

Anyone?

Helmsmen

Not sure that anything has changed in the way they contact you for class... the standard way has always been that the chief pilot calls you, typically from the base nearest to where you live, and invites you to class on such and such date.

I'd call Kim U and find out if indeed you are in for any class so as to not worry about the pending job loss. Besides, if they get rid of you for wanting to propel your career they aren't worthy of working for.

RJ

Just heard today that we are getting 21 -700's from Mexicana and they are slated mainly for DAL and DEN growth.

...all sounds good. Man....How did I screw up back in Feb. Ugh. 6 months to go...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back