• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Growing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe your right... I'm very sad with my choices.

bullet1.gif

Boeing 737-700
737.gif
bullet1.gif
Details
bullet13.gif
Made in USA
bullet13.gif
33.6 meters long
bullet13.gif
35.8 meters span
bullet13.gif
124 seats
bullet13.gif
67.13 tons maximum takeoff weight
bullet13.gif
830 km/h cruise speed
Is Aeromexico and Mexicana getting together? On (aeromexico) their website they are proud of their fleet. Mostly boeings. What gives with this rumor!

Deacon said:
EWR and LGA??? Didn't think SWA wanted to fly to big airports (that are prone to delays)

We generally stay at the smaller airports. Except for LAX, PHX, LAS, STL (in the old days), DTW, DEN, IAD, and don't forget PHL...

Portions of the business model have changed since 9/11. There's money to be had in the big cities.

Alcatraz said:
-BNA and MCI are pretty small, but remain my [unreliable] prediction. They still have quite a few flights in many directions, lots of RONs (esp MCI), and are centrally located.

I'm pretty sure BNA doesn't have many overnighters anymore. When I asked an ops agent not so long ago, he said we only have five originators there. Shoot, we've got twice that in ISP.

I've been hearing MCI bandied about lately. But I'm still guessing LAS. If so, fine by me...I'll be okay with no more overnights there.

roughneck said:
Just heard today that we are getting 21 -700's from Mexicana and they are slated mainly for DAL and DEN growth.

Maybe my B.S. detector is MEL'd today but are you pulling our leg with this one or what???

roughneck said:
Just heard today that we are getting 21 -700's from Mexicana and they are slated mainly for DAL and DEN growth.

Are you sure they are coming from Mexicana? Unless I am mistaken, Mexicana committed a few years back to Airbus for their narrow body needs. I've seen them with 727's...but never with 737's. Of course, we have all seen them flying the A-320 family for the past years.

Now, their biggest competitor, AeroMexico does have 737-700's ( with winglets). But that airplane is the backbone of their fleet.

Tejas

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back