SWA growing and growing....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are right about the numbers.

One of the thoughts that I had was a re-adjustment of staffing numbers across the system with a push towards BWI.
This plus new hires would be a big increase in staffing.

The other thing I thought about is at what point did it start growing?"Perhapes the rumor would have been closer to the truth if those spreading would have said"will have doubled by_______".

Again..Whats heard around is almost always alot of fiction based on a few facts..

That makes it a rumor.

Just trying to spread a few good "vibes" man.

Mike

I'm guessing a big BWI build up, and then a PHL base (with the bulk of the vacancy bid coming from BWI) when the new terminal in PHL becomes available .

I'm betting that's why the new base has been delayed until the end of 2005.

I think there are plenty of "good vibes" out there.

Didn't think I was being negative...just realistic.

BWI will grow.

PHL has great potential as well as the entire SWA system.

29 net new aircraft (at least) next year.

500 new hires next year(at least).

I just think it to be unrealistic to think that the entire growth strategy is going out of BWI. There are six other bases out there that would like some growth also. OAK will have a net four gate gain next year. PHX has an additional terminal opening next year. Who knows what can happen with ATA and MDW.

Its all good news fortunately.

Its sad that our industry is in such a depressed state that a little realistic spin on a rumor has to be taken negatively.

SWAdude :cool:

I was at the AIR INC job Fair in DC. I have no doubt that SWA will continue to grow, Lidsey Lang represeated you guys with her blow up SWA 737 hat and stated that SWA plans to be double its size by 2012 and hire 500 pilots per year for the next 5 years.
Definitely one of the places to be right now.

I just had an overnight in ELP, and while I was in the jetway fumbling for my 10-7 to find the jetway code and my laptop was falling out of the jetway opening, my captain was talking to this 2200 # ops agent there. He says there's this dude on the BOD who lives there and has been going to the big D three times a week lately, so I'm convinced something's brewing. He alluded to "there's another PHL out there somewhere". 2+2=4, and I also know that we just got some kind of $350 cash liquidity somehow, and also Delta just announced a big pullout in DFW.
I'm thinking PHL was somewhat defensive as we wouldn't want JetBlue to get a big foothold there, and we sure wouldn't want them to get 15-20 gates in DFW in our back yard either. Just some thoughts from a 6 month FO... and three cheers for a well padded laptop case because my baby works fine after a 15 foot drop!

And I thought I was the only one that fumbled with the door codes..Ive been banging on the door for almost three years now.LOL

I feel much better now..Thank you.

Mike

Latest resources

Back