Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hamburger

I've got to know........

SWA flight attendants used to wear the Go Go boots and mini skirts. We've all seen the commercials from back in the day, but I've never seen it in real life. Something happened that brought them from the glory days to the current pleated khaki "mom pants". How the hell did the get from mini-skirts to "afternoon shift at Target" under Herb's watch? What the hell happened?

Gate agents told 'em they were too sexy to fly.

As far as the boots and mini skirts...thank women's rights movements and all that stuff...I think.

Regarding the "casual" dress nowadays...it was something like when SWA won some awards for service (i forgot which one), the FAs were allowed to wear the casual uniform. Then they kept doing well for cabin customer service....so....SWA adopted that as the uniform.

This may not be totally accurate...but it's what I remember from my days of researching SWA when I was applying 2yrs ago.

SWA Flight Attendants are more likely a 45 year old male with a pair of khaki shorts on and a white shirt and strangely hairless legs.

???

Of course that doesn't match the happy/gay factor at jetBlue! Male flight attendants with Ear Rings in both ears and just the other day... some guy with a 3 inch pony tail but emanating from the top of his head. Must be his life partner's handle.

SWA Flight Attendants are more likely a 45 year old male with a pair of khaki shorts on and a white shirt and strangely hairless legs.

???

Of course that doesn't match the happy/gay factor at jetBlue! Male flight attendants with Ear Rings in both ears and just the other day... some guy with a 3 inch pony tail but emanating from the top of his head. Must be his life partner's handle.

Awesome man! ROFL LMAO!!!!!!!!!

As far as the boots and mini skirts...thank women's rights movements and all that stuff...I think.

Regarding the "casual" dress nowadays...it was something like when SWA won some awards for service (i forgot which one), the FAs were allowed to wear the casual uniform. Then they kept doing well for cabin customer service....so....SWA adopted that as the uniform.

This may not be totally accurate...but it's what I remember from my days of researching SWA when I was applying 2yrs ago.

I agree. The women's liberal movement and feminism brought out the mom pants. I mean they don't want to look like whores...right? Even though most women are. See: www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0xoKiH8JJM

Any of you guys ever seen the old pictures of Hughes AirWest or PSA flight attendants back in the 60s and 70s? WOW! I wish I wasn't eight years old in 1968 and could really have appreciated all that fully. I remember TWA "hostesses" wearing hats, gloves and matching handbags then too. They were all young, slim and beautiful...Guess I was born in the wrong era.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back