Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA flies unapproved parts, UAL does not fly but simply doesn't follow its mx manual

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

luckytohaveajob

So SWA flies passengers with airworthy parts. SWA had Vinny's machine shop build heat shields instead of buying them from TSOed approved sources.

Now UAL uses rags instead of caps which are removed before flight and UAL never flies in an unairworthy condition but is fined for violating its own mx manual procedures which are so insignificant it doesn't matter.

The FAA and SWA are in bed together are both operate unsafe.

AINmx states, "The FAA proposes a $3.8 million civil penalty against United Airlines for allegedly operating one of its Boeing 737s on more than 200 flights in an unairworthy condition after the carrier had violated its own maintenance procedures. In April 2008, during teardown of the engine, United mechanics found that two shop towels, instead of required protective caps, had been used to cover openings in the oil sump area when maintenance was done the previous December. The company declined AIN’s request for an interview."

Last edited:
I want to see the fines the FAA levies on CAL for flying aircraft the pilots do not write up because the overnight station asks them to put post it notes instead of write ups or just doesn't write them up at all.

I want to see the fines the FAA levies on CAL for flying aircraft the pilots do not write up because the overnight station asks them to put post it notes instead of write ups or just doesn't write them up at all.

+100,000,000

Forward this cluepon to the proper channels.

Some

What about grounding the entire A330 fleet over the pitot tube problems? Didn't happen.

but grounding most American MD80s due to wiring issues was possible. I wonder who makes the "call", just the PIO?

but grounding most American MD80s due to wiring issues was possible. I wonder who makes the "call", just the PIO?

Actually I'm pretty sure AMR did the right thing and grounded those 80's on thier own without being required to do so. Probably saved themselves some additional trouble in the media.

Latest resources

Back