• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA financials vs legacies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're just a hater. Using facts, now that's a low blow.

No hate. Thanks for the article, Dan.

I'm not a smart man.

This CCC metric is a new one on me.

The recent CCC trend is definitely moving in the wrong direction.

There is no mention in the article (or apparent consideration given) about the fact SWA has just shelled out $670M in cash along with assuming lots of debt to acquire AirTran. I'm thinking that could skew the numbers and move the trend lines just a bit over the next several quarters.

But again, I'm not a smart man.

more interesting is SWA will be paying over 75% of their pilots the 12 year payscale in less than five years.

Sorry, don't have any Aloha numbers.

No hate. Thanks for the article, Dan.

I'm not a smart man.

This CCC metric is a new one on me.

The recent CCC trend is definitely moving in the wrong direction.

There is no mention in the article (or apparent consideration given) about the fact SWA has just shelled out $670M in cash along with assuming lots of debt to acquire AirTran. I'm thinking that could skew the numbers and move the trend lines just a bit over the next several quarters.

But again, I'm not a smart man.

You're right that one event can skew the numbers and not be an accurate big picture. HA just showed a loosing qtr for the first time in several years, but what was overlooked by some is it was primarily one time charges including refinancing their 717's. They now have much lower operating costs in their 717 fleet but they showed a loss to do it.
The bottom line is we are really all more in the dark than some of us want to admit. We all live in glass houses and we are all vulnerable to a certain extent.

Latest resources

Back