SWA Fashion Police

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

check6

I want to know what you all think of the recent events being reported regarding SWA pulling people off flights for their inappropriate attire.

My initial reaction is that it is a little absurd. But, considering the fact that anyone and everyone can afford an airline ticket these days, who else will inform them the "proper" way to dress? (whatever that is)

We as crewmembers have to dress to a certain carriers specifications whenever we jumpseat, why shouldn't the flying public??

FYI, I'm not exactly sure if it was one or two people that got removed from flights.

Oooops. . . yes I have been under a rock for the last few days. I just noticed another thread regarding this topic. Carry on!!!!

I haven't been to this forum in a while so I haven't read the other threads.

IMO, since SWA flys the "Jerry Spring crowd" (as explained to me by a SWA captain), I think it's absurd that they got so uptight about what that girl was wearing. I'd rather see that outfit than some of the trailer trash showing there beer guts underneath their tube tops while propping their nasty dirty bare feet up on the front wall.

I think the passenger should sue southwest.
Her attire, even though not the most conservative, was not shocking at all,according to what I saw during her press conferences.

I think she should have worn less clothing... She was hot and she knows how to flaunt it... We should all sue SWA for such a restrictive policy!!!!!

SWA CEO's RADIO AD regarding the Kyla fiasco...

Heard a SWA radio ad on WTOP today featuring their CEO, referencing their history of having FAs were "hot pants" and welcoming Kyla, along with everyone else, to fly SWA again. I don't have the exact wording of the ad, but it struck me as a brilliant PR move by SWA to defuse what otherwise was controversial issue, make light of it and have some fun.

I haven't flown SWA in years (until May 2007 I lived in WI and they don't fly there - MDW is a giant pain to get to from MSN), but I've always admired their marketing genius.

Just my .02.

If they are going to deny boarding, then they had better get their policy straight and have the pax notified that said policy exists - or it is going to be a P.R. nightmare.

BTW, IMHO, the gate agent was FUBAR with what he said to her and how he handled things - sounds like he has an attitude problem.

If they are going to deny boarding, then they had better get their policy straight and have the pax notified that said policy exists - or it is going to be a P.R. nightmare.

Sounds like a good idea. It could be that the agent just didn't like what she was wearing. It could be very subjective from agent to agent.

Latest resources

Back