• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

SWA Evac in Houston

Herkdrv

Total Time

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
Just a little brake fire.

Guy was probably a lawyer. We all know how important they are haha.

INIT REF

30 years of Part 121
Total Time
51yrs
Why no thrust reverser use? Might have lessened the heat in the brakes.

Not a flame, just curious.

Toobdrvr

Total Time
You can see the reverser out at the beginning and then stow later in the rollout.

If that guy is a lawyer, I hope somebody sues HIS arse for delaying the evac!!!

HomerJ

Total Time
When I first saw the video, I thought it might be the result of taxiing around a left hand turn on two wheels...

328dude

Still turning two
Total Time
??????
Talked to a FO that was position an hold during the incident. The landing crew did not know the tire was on fire. They knew they had a blown tire, but after tower told them it was on fire, the evac started.

starchkr

New Bus driver
Total Time
enough
That's freakin hilarious!!!! He sends the briefcase down first on its own then he heads after it!! I did notice he wasn't the only dumb arse who took his carry-on with him though.

One question if anyone knows...that news helicopter, did it just happen to be in the area, or did the crew know they had a problem before they landed, such as, maybe the tire blew on t/o? If not, that was one heck of a coincidence for it to be there.

jekyll

Total Time
6000+
I was holding short for 22 when he landed. He told the tower he had blown a tire. If I remember correctly, she came back and told him he was smoking. He then asked if they were on fire and got no response. Another plane came on and told them they were on fire, and they immediately came back and said they were evacuating. We were wondering why they were circling to 22 when everyone else was landing 12R. That helicopter just happened to be approaching the field when he landed. Total luck on their part.