• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA "dings" up 321M profit!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nowhere does it say that you must have paid for the type out of your own pocketbook to work at SWA. They just require it before class starts. I know of several people that did not pay one dime for their 737 type that work here.

If an airline requires a four year college degree is that a pay for training requirement as well? Qualifications can be in different areas. This pay for training argument is not something I completely follow, this isn't Ameriflight or Gulfstream. Yet, we do not look at the foreign pilots that come over as PFT pilots in a negative light.

I see your background. Looks like the american taxpayer paid for your tickets. You have probably never seen the inside of a C-152 or a C-172. You have paid the due's I see.

Thanks for proving your a flaming hypocrite rajflyboy. You paid for your C152/172 training right? Thats pay for training based on your own definition.

Last edited:
You might be making dough.....

But at the end of the day....

You are still a "Pay for Training" company

Geez...where do you get this "Pay for Training" mumbo-jumbo?

When I started at SWA, they didn't require me to bring a check...or a cash...for my first day of training.

I see your background. Looks like the american taxpayer paid for your tickets. You have probably never seen the inside of a C-152 or a C-172. You have paid the due's I see.

First of all you're wrong again; had a few hundred hours of light aircraft time before I went to pilot training. As far as paying my dues, never mind, something you could never understand! Since you seem to know so much about so many things and people, what in the h-ll are you doing in the aviation industry when you could make so much more money doing all the things you know so much about?

Raj, I paid for it out of my own pocket and it cost me about 8 grand. Wow...Now I work for the best airline in the world and I am not sure how to spend all this money!!! Call me what ever you want to..........

Latest resources

Back