• Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWAnnabee

A few SWA questions for anyone with good info;

1. Anyone know how many folks have been interviewed so far
this year?
2. How many of those have been hired?
3. How many decision boards have there been to date and how
many are projected for this year?
4. How many more pilots are needed for this year and the next?

Just looking for some more good news.

I'll preface this by saying I don't know for sure but based upon the following info gleaned from various sources:

1. Anyone know how many folks have been interviewed so far
this year?

>140+ folks interviewed each month, 3 months of interview (thru May with June being another 140 folks total after June 560 approximately)

2. How many of those have been hired?

>Only folks who have interviewed in Mar & April will have had a chance to be selected for hiring, this equates to approximately 280 folks. However, not all of these folks have met a decision board so far so a closer number of folks who have met one of the first two boards is in the 260 number. Of those approximately 50% have been selected selected for hiring.

3. How many decision boards have there been to date and how
many are projected for this year?

>2 so far, April (for Mar interviewees) & May (for April interviewees).I would expect a decision board to be held each month that interviews occur during the preceding month. No projection on when that will stop but would expect it to slow down as the holiday season approaches in the Nov/Dec timeframe along with no interviews....SWA PD & interivewers want vacations too & the stress over the holidays is bad enogh without having to sit on pins & needles & waiting for call....then again they may go great gangbusters, who really knows!!!

4. How many more pilots are needed for this year and the next?
A total of 400 pilots were projected for this year. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me so my apologies but will get the correct figures from my other cohorts on here or will double check when I'm in a position to do so. So far the announced classes are 9 classes through June '04...8 classes of 24 a piece with 1 of 20...= 212 through June...that leaves about 7-8 classes to fill the remaining slots.

Again this is not official & doesn't mean SWA will do anymore after the current June classes so don't bet the house, sell the wife or kids to assume any of this will happen.

Loads are going through the roof after speaking to folks at one of the res centers...flights in the NE are very full & seats are going to be very limited for non-revers this summer....good for the bottom line but tough if one is trying to travel. Cheers & God Bless,

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back