• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA December Decision Board?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know when the DB meets, but I wouldn't get your hopes too high. One of my best friends just got his "no" letter from the Nov board yesterday. He was furloughed Delta, 8000tt 4000 pic, 8 type ratings including the B-737 from Higher Power, clean record, greatest guy you will ever meet. Rumor has it they only hired 35 out of 200. Brutal if true.

DB in Jan?

Is it true that last year the November and December interviews went to a DB in January? If so, will they do that again this year?

Big Al said:
Is it true that last year the November and December interviews went to a DB in January? If so, will they do that again this year?

I hope not...waiting is miserable

Time2Spare said:
Don't know when the DB meets, but I wouldn't get your hopes too high. One of my best friends just got his "no" letter from the Nov board yesterday. He was furloughed Delta, 8000tt 4000 pic, 8 type ratings including the B-737 from Higher Power, clean record, greatest guy you will ever meet. Rumor has it they only hired 35 out of 200. Brutal if true.

Well that explains it then! One of my best buds who walks on water in the F-16 and has the demeanor that exactly fits what I think SWA looks for got the letter yesterday. Unbelievable.

Time2Spare said:

Does it have anything to do with being a furloughed Delta pilot? I mean furloughed in general. I know a guy from United who was furloughed and had the type and didn't get hired. Just curious.

Captain Overs:

I don't think it has anything necessarily to do if you are furloughed. SWA has hired a couple furloughed UAL guys that I know of.

elcid said:
Any word on when the Decmber DB will be?

Dec 12/13.

Just talked to a CP a few days ago. 600 next year. Currently the hire rate is about 39%. He gave no reason why. Good luck.

Interviewed last December,they did combine November and December interviews together for the Jan. DB. 11 total in my interview group 9 of us were military even though I was half and half. They called 5 people references (mine included) and only selected 2. 23 days and counting until I can reapply :)

Latest resources

Back