• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Dec decision board?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually I never had a girl blow me off, I just pretend to not care much about them then they flock to ya!!!!!

Advice for single guys, don't try hard!!!!

As for SWA, great place, but I honestly think that someone hired right now will not have the prosperous future that has hit the guys hired in the 90s, or up until 2002/3.

You are right about me not doing a lot of prep for the interview. I wanted to go and be myself. The money is not that great!!! Honestly, $200K a year is not going to make you a fortune. You have to invest it wisely!!! I am not impressed until you can do at least a million per year. And no, my parents are not rich and never have been.

Jan 11 board

Does anyone know if there will be 2 seperate boards in Jan or one big one or push the previously schuleduled Jan board to Feb. . . and if so, what does this mean for the interviewees? I can't imagine the odds are as good going to the board with 300 others as with only 150 others, but maybe it makes no diference. Good luck to all the interviewees and try to stay focused on what is important during the holiday season. . . FAMILY!!! Trust me, that is a lot easier said than done!

SFR said:
Southwest is not impressing me as the days continue. I but lost ALL of my interest in SWA. I won't be a part, regardless of what they say.

What is the big hype, they are going to start losing money next year anyway. 5 years ago a job at SWA was not that big of a deal.

Excellent, why not PM me with your name and interview date and I'll see what I can do for you? Seriously, we have people who are really trying, if your out, lets not play games.

SFR said:
Actually I never had a girl blow me off, It is very important to maintain a rich fantasy life - good job!
You are right about me not doing a lot of prep for the interview. I wanted to go and be myself. My guess is that the letter is in the mail ...

The money is not that great!!! Honestly, $200K a year is not going to make you a fortune. You have to invest it wisely!!! I am not impressed until you can do at least a million per year. Sweet! When did CAL start paying a million a year? That is wonderfullnews ...

SFR, you have to do what you think is right for yourself....Take a look at CAL's debt. Their history of BK and furloughs. If you think that is the history that drives your boat then go for it. If you think SWA is out of step then they probably are for you. But I think you are putting SWA down to soften the blow if they say no thanks. Not a Doc. but we do stay at Holiday Inn expresses.

SFR said:
Actually I never had a girl blow me off, I just pretend to not care much about them then they flock to ya!!!!!

Advice for single guys, don't try hard!!!!

As for SWA, great place, but I honestly think that someone hired right now will not have the prosperous future that has hit the guys hired in the 90s, or up until 2002/3.

You are right about me not doing a lot of prep for the interview. I wanted to go and be myself. The money is not that great!!! Honestly, $200K a year is not going to make you a fortune. You have to invest it wisely!!! I am not impressed until you can do at least a million per year. And no, my parents are not rich and never have been.

2500 hired over the next 5 years....Yea go somewhere else where you can "prosperous future".......Dork.

-Debo

Actually I don't really care too much if they turn me down or not. Things happen how they are suppose to. Besides, it is not up to me or them if I get hired, it is up to the almighty one above us!

It is win/win SWA vs CAL, all I am saying is that a company will not make anyone happy or rich for that matter (these days). Also, SWA interview style reminds me of UAL's back in the 90s, cocky attitude. Don't get me wrong, the interview went great!!! I was not that impressed, and that is important to me.

As for 2500 pilots over the next few years, hmmmm that is what DAL said up until June 2001.

Cocky attitude? You must have been at a different interview than I was. Everyone I met acted as if they were as excited I was there as I was to be there. I can not say enough how great a process it was for me. I had a good time, met some great people, and want now more than ever to be a part of their team. So it is a long wait to find out if you are one they are looking for, you knew that at the start of the process. I am sorry you are so disgusted with the process and wish you the best of luck with CAL. However, if past performance is any indication of future results, SWA has a fine future ahead. Good luck to all involved and have a Merry Christmas!

knelson

SFR said:
Actually I don't really care too much if they turn me down or not. Things happen how they are suppose to. Besides, it is not up to me or them if I get hired, it is up to the almighty one above us!

It is win/win SWA vs CAL, all I am saying is that a company will not make anyone happy or rich for that matter (these days). Also, SWA interview style reminds me of UAL's back in the 90s, cocky attitude. Don't get me wrong, the interview went great!!! I was not that impressed, and that is important to me.

As for 2500 pilots over the next few years, hmmmm that is what DAL said up until June 2001.

Lets just hope the weeding out process works in this case!!!!

Come on... can't you see this guy is just egging us on...

I can't believe this is what I'm doing on Christmas Eve... sitting in a hotel and getting involved in an message board pissing contest... I thought I was more senior than this...

Happy non-denominational holidays everyone!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back