Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

:-)

Hail Calvin
Where's everybody stay the night before their SWA interview?

Cal

I stayed at the Rennaisance. (sp?) It was great, as I went down to the bar and had a great time chatting with a fellow interviewee, 2 guys doing recurrent, and 2 or 3 guys in their 1st week of newhire. Most of your fellow interviewees will be there too so you can chat in the lobby and on the bus the morning of.

However, The best rate I was able to get was extremely expensive and I'm not sure I'd do it again at that rate. If you can get a good rate competative with other hotels in the area then by all means stay there. If you can get a room for significantly less elsewhere, use the savings to rent a car, see the city, and maybe swing by the Renn on your way back to your hotel the night before.

Raddison

I stayed at the raddison and had a beer the night before with 5 other interviewees one that was interviewing then next day and one that had already interviewed. I think the rate was $70 per night or somewhere close to that. There were about 10 of us in the shuttle headed to the interview, so I think it was hands down the most popular hotel. Good luck with the interview.

I stayed at the Rennaissance and got SWA'a 50% discount on food/bev.s by showing my interview letter from Kim. Also, they claimed that there were no more "SWA discount" rooms available when I reserved my room (do it early, by the way), but I did get the military discount rate (around $90.) The morning of checkout DO NOT use the room checkout via the TV, go down to the front desk, ask for the shift manager and give them a copy of your SWA letter and they will give you the SWA discounted rate (roughly have the cost of the military discount.) I've talked to many people who did this and it worked every time. Good Luck with the interview!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back