SWA could add 60 jets in 2005

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJones said:
May have bumped into each other if you in TX I recon.

Just kiddin 'bout the avoidance thing. Really don't mind the all night flying thing ... did it for over 12 years haulin trash around. I think I could get into it for a while, but then I'd want to become a real person again.

I might be way off this thing. I started a poll on one of our pilot forums and so far out of nine votes i'm the only no way.

If that keeps up then I hope we get them because they might go senior and indirectly give me more seniority.

SWAdude :cool:

JumpJetter said:
So how many pilots does 60 jets equate to?

I believe we are between 11 and 12 pilots per plane. So in the neighborhood of 700 pilots.

We also have about 90 retirements or so next year.

SWAdude :cool:

Count me as a YES. If it will keep the planes in the air to make money and this airline keeps growing, I'm all for it. Now will I bid them? Maybe yes, maybe no.

As long as I am based in OAK count me as a yes vote. I flew red-eyes before and had no problem with them since they are commutable both ends. They did however require that I have a little less blood in my coffeestream.

The other thing about the -800's is forget about a 20 minute turn. Although if they are flying long hauls it's not as critical. I flew these particular airplanes for TZ and we were hard pressed to offload 175 pax and reload 175 more in less than 50 minutes.

Had recurrent taining last week and the Dir of Training told us that the most A/C that SWA felt thye could accept in a year was 58. He also said that the max number of new hires they could train was 750. He also said that if the price was right SWA would get -800s. However even Ggary Kelley has said that it would probally increase our cost as some of SWA's efficiency would be reduced as a broken -800 couldn't be replaced with a -700 due to the extra F/A and how to handle an additional 50 passengers.

As for red eyes on the Dec scheduled for BWI there are pairing where on the last day the last leg leaves LAS at 6:40 PM PT and lands at BWI 2:00 AM ET. That is as close to a red eye that I want to get, and that is if the flight leaves LAS on time.

Interviews finally in 2005

With 600-700 newbies possibly needed next year, `Swerpipe', I, and many others will be getting that long awaited opportunity in the months to come I'm sure.

Good luck to all!

:) AX2 Tweek

Latest resources

Back