• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the pilots will start to vote on it around July 8th, but I don't know when the results will be released. The board met a couple of days ago, but I have not heard if they are going to recommend it or not.

The board voted and are deadlocked/tied on weither to recommend one way or the other to the membership..

It sounds like they are simply going to put it to a vote and allow the membership to decide without any input from the board..

Mike
MLBWINGBORN

Sounds like the typical 50-50 junior-senior SWA split to me...gotta admire management for coming up with something that will barely pass at 50.0000001%...anything more would be wasted. I'll bet anyone a beer this passes narrowly despite being well below ILP and still below IAP. My take is that this is a tough call despite that fact since it only extends to 2006 and the current contract only goes to 2004. Any other thoughts out there?

I think it's a little too easy to try to compartmentalize who favors the offer and who doesn't. Of the guys I talked to, about 2/3 seemed to think it was an "OK" offer they seemed to be leaning towards voting for, and 1/3 were of the "hell no, that's not good enough" variety. There was no correlation between seniority and how well they received the offer. If anything, you'd expect the "junior" Captains to be "anti offer," since they'd been the ones most "screwed" by the previous contract, and the "senior" Captains to be the most likely to just "take the 20% and run," but that's not what I heard from the guys I asked. F/Os seemed about split 50/50, and that did seem to follow their seniority a bit, with the more junior F/Os receiving the offer more favorably.

I think there are too many different kinds of guys in the pilot group, with too many different personal goals, to predict how it will come out. In the end, everyone is going to vote for what they think will benefit their own situations the most anyway.

Well said..

Mike
MLBWINGBORN

There's a couple of small improvements to the way the 401-k works, and the way it's "counted," and also some changes to the way the stock options are categorized as "income" that I don't really understand well enough to explain ;)

Probationary pilots would be allowed to participate in the 401-k, which is not allowed now, and there is some language about "repairing" the inequities in the previous stock option plan.

But no "A fund," or "B fund" or anything like that...

Latest resources

Back