• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJones

Rico SWAFO
SWA pilots and poolies:confused:

Has anyone heard that SWA is going to cancel April classes? I've heard this as a rumor and been told by J.M. that "no classes are planned after April, up in the air and a decision has to be made."

After 9/11 I went contract and flew for a couple of companies in the area, however, thats dried up and my last flight was in December. I keep current so to speak with FS2000.:) I've been looking for flying jobs and some will hire you but request you sign a contract.:mad: The ones that don't are not looking for pilots.

I've been told by J.M. to expect a May class and pegasus has predicted April, should this all workout I'd hate to be stuck with a contract or have started with a company only to leave in a month.:(

So any info would be great.

RJones (jetpltrich)

RJones,

I saw the rumor about cancelling April classes in another thread, but I haven't seen anything else about it. I'd be very surprised if they did, especially since they just announced they are accepting more aircraft and starting more routes in June.

In January they waited until the last quarter's financials were out before announcing the classes for Feb., Mar. and Apr. I'd expect them to do the same thing in April once the financial results are out.

We're getting towards the shallow end, I'd stay away from any contracts that go past April. What am I saying, you're only a few days ahead of me in the pool! I think you should grab the first contract you can get (and I'll gladly take your April slot ;) ).

See you in DAL!

T1bubba

Go Ahead, Make My Day!

I agree with T1, wait it out. Like he said they'll announce once this qtr's number are out.

Buddy of mine interviewed this past Monday. Dumbo was still talking positively. There was no mention of any classes being CX in Apr.

Course, you could do me a favor and hop out of the pool now, but I don't think it would be in your best interest.

I've been furloughed since 12 Sep, haven't flown, haven't worked and just turned down a job last week that required a two year contract.

Hang tough!

Last edited:
Waiting is ok,

I'm with InHot, just wait it out and we'll get there. I've be willing to bet the end of this month will bring good news about up coming classes. With the pool shallowing out, the flow is trickling down. Although I'm ready now, I can wait as long as it takes....

Thanks guys ;)

It's really tough waiting this out. I would really like to be flying while waiting, but nothing is happening.

RJ

Classes after April

I spoke with JM a few weeks ago, and she told me then that they are scheduling classes on a quarterly basis, and no classes are currently scheduled after April. She made it sound as though they were being cautious about scheduling any classes until they had a better idea how things went for the quarter. I hope they keep the ball rolling!

Swimmer

Dump the rumor

Poolies,

As part of our SW indoc this past week, the Director of Training, Capt Musseller, told our class (Mar 14) that they were planning on 2 classes in April, 2 in May, and one in August. Determinations on additional classes will be made in the near future based on 1st Qtr profits/loads. From all of the interviewing going on, I'd say make your own conclusions on more classes...

Towelling off in Dallas,
Cosmo007

Latest resources

Back