SWA Class Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATKTK

While sitting reserve @ OAK, I asked the CP if he had heard any good news for those of us waiting for the next class. (My only hope for getting off reserve) He said ops has asked the company for two classes per month for six months starting Jan 03. (12 classes total) The request has not yet been approved by HQ, but at least that is what Flight Ops is projecting as their needs.

Hang in there poolies, the drain will open! It's worth the wait.

Livin the dream!

Excellent!

That's what I like to hear. Thanks ATKTK. A lot of us would like to help your situation.

Definitely good news -
that sounds like it should cover most of the folks swimming in our unofficial pool. If starting in a new hire class this spring will help you get out of Oakland, I guess I can take on for the team!

Dusting off those 737 manuals now.....

Les

Great News.. Can't wait for you guys at the top to start hearing the phone ring..

Couple of questions for SWA guys.. How difficult is the BWI - OAK commute:D ? I'm sure that it is going to be difficult.. Anyway, For someone who eventually wants to wind up in Baltimore, is it usually necessary to bid OAK, then MDW, or somewhere else, then BWI, or can you usually make the transition from OAK to BWI? I realize there is probably no real answer to any of these questions, just trying to figure out what to expect..

Starbuck.. Hey, who has my towel!!!

SB,

I've been looking at that BWI-OAK commute too. UAL used to fly it N/S once a day, but it looks like that's been cancelled. There are plenty of ways to get there one stop on SWA- PHX, LAS, LAX, and MDW off the top of my head. America West also one-stops through PHX and LAS, so that would be a good backup. Hopefully they'll keep draining the pool and I won't have to make that painful commute for too long!

The last I heard BWI was getting more popular, so you'll probably have to go to PHX or MDW after OAK. On the other hand BWI seems to be picking up all the new routes so maybe that will change (we can always hope!).

SF,

Classes of 26 have been more the norm than 20, but that was when they were expanding like crazy. The last two classes were 20.

See y'all in DAL.

I've been here 13 months... I did 1 month in Oak. From DTW I would hop on AWA to Phx then SWA to Oak. A couple of times I did NWA to Lax then SWA up to Oak. Not to much fun 9 hours from the house to hotel in Oak.

Seniority - I would be two or three from the bottom in BWI = reserve. In MDW I have 60+ guys below me, currently flying Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

I went from OAK to MDW

Does this help?

Latest resources

Back