SWA Class Dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IslandDriver

Anyone know the time frame for class dates?

I am doing the type at HPA in the end of this month....I am guessing 3-4 months till a class date. does that sound about right?

Last edited:
Anyone know the time frame for class dates?

I am doing the type at HPA in the end of this month....I am guessing 3-4 months till a class date. does that sound about right?

It might be longer. There are 300 people in the pool(assuming they all have the type which I am not sure how many do) and if you are getting your type at the end of the month all the July DB people who have their type will be ahead of you. SW is only doing one class in July of 20-24 and have not come out with Aug classes yet. So if they average 40 a month you could be looking at a 5-8 months. It just depends on how many clases they want each month for their growth. Welcome to the pool and congrats.

Last edited:
Anyone care to weigh in on how/if the slow-down in class dates / hiring expectations will/may affect the upcoming DBs? I'm up for the July DB and wondering if the DB-pass percentage will be affected.

RM

Anyone care to weigh in on how/if the slow-down in class dates / hiring expectations will/may affect the upcoming DBs? I'm up for the July DB and wondering if the DB-pass percentage will be affected.

RM

Last I heard was they still are planning on hiring 600 this year and have already hired 385 so 215 left for Jul Aug and maybe Sep.

Good luck.

RM

I don't know the answer, but it will definitely being interesting to see. The past couple of DB's it looks like the hire rate has been somewhere between 35-38%. Good luck!

20 more airplanes to be delivered in 2007....another 19 delivered in 2008...will need to hire pilots to fly them.

that would mean 200+ for the remainder of 2007...and another 200+ for 2008 not counting pilot retirements

I was hired in the June DB and was told yesterday to expect class toward the end of this year/early next year.

I didn't have the type at the interview, but she gave me this info before even looking at whether or not I was already typed.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back