• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA class date in July...Maybe more..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay, I got my scoop for the day. The new class, according to JB, is scheduled for July 15th. Only 20 lucky fellows in this one. I get the feeling it will be full of people who interviewed pre-2002. No ohter classes scheduled at this point--so keep treading on...

Slug confirms

i also spoke with JB.

I asked about the updates, she said it is a timing thing. mine wasn't due so she wasn't worried about it.

again, she confirmed the july 15th thing. hopefully, she was being pessimistic for my sake but she said it was doubtful I would make it in. (#13 on the list with 7 stop losses in front of me). she said some stoploss releases were pushing me back, so I'm a bit bummed right now. That and I've gotta 1700 takeoff with a couple of below par students, and I'm at laughlin afb. (see "best upt base" on the military page)

anyway, glad to be in the pool, but by now my hair is green, the water is yellow, and I've pruned till I can't prune no more.

Slug

peace and love

What Gives?

I spoke with JB about a month ago and asked her point blank if I would make the first class when they started up again. To my surprise, she thought I might see the second or third one...Yikes. Now that Slug got kind of the same insight it makes me wonder why she called me a couple weeks ago asking for my background check paperwork ASAP. Slug, I'm like you, hoping she's just being conservative. I guess we'll all find out soon enough who makes the cut. I remember the April 25th invite had only a few on our list, lets hope by now we have 2/3rds or more for the October/November time frame.

JB adds

on my conversation with JB she also said the calls for the July 15 class would probably not begin until the end of June.

Slug

Students didn't kill me by the way

I one of those civies not famalier with the term stoploss. What is that. By the way, I am not holding my breath for the July class because I was in the last group hired. See ya'll in '03 unless something great happens. Good luck to ya'll!

It is great to hear that classes might be starting....but Stud's comments about not making the class makes me wonder how many guy are not on the list here. Sounds like a there is a good number?

I was told the same thing as qxeplt...I wouldn't make the first class after training resumes but most likely the second or third with a strong emphasis on the third. It does make one wonder just how many are ahead of us here, the one's who have elected to post our data on the SWA Pool list.

RJ (jetpltrich)

Well, in another thread here, Mike says the number in the pool is around 250-300. If there are 167 on the list here, we must have just about half signed up...but I could be totally wrong.

Anyway, anyone have any news about stop-loss? The message was supposed to come out today (60 days from last message) but I guess we will have to wait until later. Hope it has good news.

Any stop loss rumors anyone wants to pass along/start would help pass the time until the life guards kick us out of the pool for unruly horseplay and running on deck.

Hope to see all of you waterlogged prunes in Dallas shortly. I'll even buy the first round for all when we get there.

Bambam

Latest resources

Back