• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Calls or Letters?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a mil background, so although I filled out the PRIA paperwork, the directions said that they don't check it.

I have a theory that the ref's may not be important if all of your stuff lines up. This is because anyone that we list as refs are going to say we are good dudes. ... just a theory.

This has just been my experience...if they do not call your references...you did not pass the interview. They only check your references if the 3 interview people (or maybe its 4 now with the little LOFT scenario) Your stuff will still be reviewed by the Decision Board, but the odds are not in your favor. Been there, done that, twice.

This has just been my experience...if they do not call your references...you did not pass the interview. They only check your references if the 3 interview people (or maybe its 4 now with the little LOFT scenario) Your stuff will still be reviewed by the Decision Board, but the odds are not in your favor. Been there, done that, twice.

You can also get through the interview (have background calls made) and NOT get selected by the board.

I have heard of guys getting hired without references checked in the past. As much as the interview process has changed, it wouldn't suprise me if no refs called might not mean much now. Also I heard second hand that Rocky is saying guys shouldn't place too much weight on whether or not their refs are called. Just hang in there. I know your pain. My DB was cancelled for a month so I got double the wait. Good luck.

Elcid: thanks for the words. During the inbrief Rocky did say that. DB got cancelled... ouch. Sorry for the luck.

The only bad thing about this thread is that it's getting my hopes up after I had already prepared myself for the worst. lol

Furloughed... I'm with you. I wish there was some intel out there. It does look like the calls have not gone out yet. Standing by.

fYI....my first interview had no refs called. My second one I did. Got the call on second interview.

That seems to be the consensus. I've pretty much come to terms with it. I'm just glad to have been given the chance to come down there and see the HQ, meet everyone. SWA can't go wrong with any of the people I interviewed with - hopefully they get hired!

Latest resources

Back