SWA called recommendations...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jwes

What's the ratio of hired guys who had their recs called? In other words, how many applicants get their recommendations called and then don't get offerd the job? I thought this was posted before but can not find it?

jwes said:
What's the ratio of hired guys who had their recs called? In other words, how many applicants get their recommendations called and then don't get offerd the job? I thought this was posted before but can not find it?

You are never going to get accurate stats on something like this. The anecdotal evidence shows that getting refs called is a positive indicator. Some get hired without refs called (or w/o them KNOWING their refs were called), some get letters after having refs called. Having your refs called is a good thing, but not a sure thing.

Good luck. Patience, grasshopper.;)

Generally, it seems that 1 out of the the 3 of 4 that get their references called per group do not get hired. So...it would seem that 25%-33.33333% don't get hired once their references have been called.

My group...11 interviewed...5 had references contacted....3 of us got the call to continue. I would just relax though...easier said than done/\/\/\/\

I found when I had my two buddies, Johnny Walker and Johnny Cash, over it helped pass the time quite well.

What day did you interview? I had my references called.

Fly-diver said:
You are never going to get accurate stats on something like this. The anecdotal evidence shows that getting refs called is a positive indicator. Some get hired without refs called (or w/o them KNOWING their refs were called), some get letters after having refs called. Having your refs called is a good thing, but not a sure thing.

Thats pretty much it. If they have called your references, thats a good sign you did pretty good in the interview and LOI. But it ain't a guarantee.

If they don't call your references....not a good sign.

Tejas

Yo

I know of several pilots who haven't had their contacts called who got hired. It all depends on who you are and who you know.

For example, if you have a killer interview and have some killer LOR's & your a swell guy/gal, you may not get your contacts called. Thats efficiency on SWA's part...they already know your good dookie... On the other hand...If your interview is soso, and your LOR's are soso and you don't know anyone and your just a soso kinda guy/gal...You may get your contacts called...

Or, if your just a total flip up, they may not call your contacts cuz they can tell right away they don't want you as part of their team. They aren't going to waste their time...Your eliminiated right away...Like me.

So, you must have goofed something up in your interveiw...But, you must be a good guy/gal and they want to hire you...or maybe your interveiw or LOR's aren't stellar.

Just my take...Good luck brother or sister...I hope it all works out for you, I know this is a life changing event and it's important...So, I hope you were yourself and weren't all gouged up. Later Po

Let's put it this way... having your refs called means your odds just went way up, but still not a lock. Not having your refs called is almost, *almost* always a sign you didn't get the job.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back