• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA called recommendations...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, on the 20th. Realy a great group of applicants and a very good experience. I hope all make it including myself of course!!

SWA Letter

Wife called me on the road today, I got the letter. Interviewed 3/7 no references called. 12,500 TT, current 737 captain/check airman/instructor, 6700 turb pic, no degree, brother is a pilot there. Thought it went well, had a good time, good background/carreer progression, etc.

only 11 more months to reapply. What ever the magic combination is, I apparently aint it. Crap.

SWA/FO,

Did you recently interview?

No, just stating my references were called when I did and now I have this title.

Not Called?

So what would cause SWA not to call any of your references? I am talking about the ones that did get hired with no reference calls.

What was their situation if any?

ASA Captain said:
So what would cause SWA not to call any of your references? I am talking about the ones that did get hired with no reference calls.

What was their situation if any?

If SW thought you were "god's gift to aviation" (thanks JS) from your interview and you don't need any more help.

God's Gift

VAPOR said:
If SW thought you were "god's gift to aviation" (thanks JS) from your interview and you don't need any more help.

Every pilot thinks they are god's gift to aviation, but I doubt SWA would think that about any interviewee.

A friend was saying when his recommendations were called, all they asked was if the referer (sp?) stood by their letter. Simple question. I am sure the right answer is more complicated.

But what I am wondering is, contrary to popular belief, is the reference calling not a real indicator of hire/no hire? Could it be that a person's recommenders are called only to support the info SWA has already? Are all interviewees sent to the DB regardless of those calls? Regardless of interview/LOI performance?

Most on this board ascribe to the thought that few people get recommenders called and fewer get hired so the two are directly linked.

Maybe some get called just because they feel they more info about this person than they got from the interview.

Any thoughts? Anyone have some insight?

Thanks

Thanks Vapor.

I guess that what the search button is for. D@&# it. I need to use all my resources.

I guess it will be a long wait for the DB.

no prob

I made the "god's gift to aviation" comment because someone directed it at me the other day (in jest of course) who was recently a SW ref for me and who reads this forum, and I surmised from reading those other threads that SW may not call refs if you had a great interview.

waiting with you...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back