SWA call times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skater

For the March interviewees: How long was it from the time SWA called you for the drug screen until you were officially notified that you were in the pool?

If you were called for the drug screen you probably will not hear anything more from SWA until four weeks prior to your probable class date. The PD tries to call four weeks prior to let you shore up all loose ends, take care of any accrued vacation time, call in sick as many times as possible to use up sick time (did I just say that out loud?) and to basically give you a heads up. Two weeks out you should get a call from a CP with an official class date offer.

You may however get a call or two from the background check people to verify information or ask for more current numbers. If you get called for the P-Test, you're pretty much in the pool unless they find anything in your P or find out about the body you helped move during your last spring break in college.

Atleast this is the way it has worked for me and for the others I have heard from. I hope to see you there soon.

Call

Ixnay on the odybay.... Thanks for the info. I have had a call for verification for some stuff from the background check people. If they find a problem somewhere in the background check do they call to verify that or ask questions? I am honestly not worried too much about it. I had background checks for an Air Force TS/SCI and United ran mine for getting hired there. But I won't feel good until I get a call confirming I'm hired. Sounds like it will be a little while. Do you know how many they hired in March and April and when it would shake out for a start date?

I have heard that March and April both got about 50% successful. So figure 60 - 70 people per month in the "pool". Classes planned for every other Monday with 24 per class. Ive been told to expect the June 7 class which I have heard has 3 or 4 people from the old pool (interviewed 2002). So lets say that from March and April 160 were hired. 24 per class means roughly 6 1/2 classes to get through them all. That would put the first interviews in March in class June 7 and the last interviews in April in class August 30.

I dont think they mind if you call them and ask for an estimate on a possible date. They know we all have plans to make.

Does the People Department ever tell you that you're officially in the pool? Seems like the ex-swimmers that were in the pool for 2 years all knew their status.

Thanks,
Bluestreaking

From what I understand when you get the "continuing the process" call after the DB, youre in the pool provided nothing in your background check or P-test disqualifies you.

You may receive calls from the background check people asking for more information but they will not call to tell you that it is complete.

I think TexaSWA is right on with his estimates. The unofficial pool list seems to have died. (I think the pool keeper is in class and has been too busy to keep it updated)

You might email the former pool keeper and see about taking the responsibilities off his hands so the pool list can continue. I would do it myself, but I have been furtunate enough to be placed in the June 7 class as well and I am afraid I will be too busy to keep it up.

The pool list will move very rapidly, but with interviews still going on it looks like some of the folks interviewing now won't be in class until the fall. The unofficial list would certainly help these folks to have an idea of possible class dates.

What is the farthest out from availability that anyone has been called for an interview? I reckon this is mainly for military folks since civilians are available almost right away. I have heard there are folks in the pool that are not availabler for class until early 2005...anyone out there in that boat?

Latest resources

Back