• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

swa buying f9

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey starchkr what do all the F9 guys and girls think about a staple with pay protection? Would that be fair or a straight DOH seniority? Because If it was DOH then you guy's would jump at least 2500 overall numbers I think. Just trying to get a vibe.

Not too sure yet. I think both options suck, for someone at least, but i would bet that a job is better than the welfare line. I would love DOH, and i wouldn't jump too many people due to my limited length of employment here...but i am pretty sure that will not happen. A straight staple wouldn't be the best scenario for me, but they(SWA) would love it. Maybe something like a 4 to 1 from DOH with pay protection, would work, i don't know. That would keep more of the SWA guys/gals up the list than a straight DOH and would move some of us up "closer" to DOH. In all actuality, i don't know, like i said before, a job would be nice. Could/should i ask for much more right now with the situation F9 is in?

Not too sure yet. I think both options suck, for someone at least, but i would bet that a job is better than the welfare line. I would love DOH, and i wouldn't jump too many people due to my limited length of employment here...but i am pretty sure that will not happen. A straight staple wouldn't be the best scenario for me, but they(SWA) would love it. Maybe something like a 4 to 1 from DOH with pay protection, would work, i don't know. That would keep more of the SWA guys/gals up the list than a straight DOH and would move some of us up "closer" to DOH. In all actuality, i don't know, like i said before, a job would be nice. Could/should i ask for much more right now with the situation F9 is in?
Since this is much more than ATA I think they will offer a staple and to encourage the F9 pilots to agree they will throw in the pay freeze. Since it will take time for SWA to get rid of the AB and replace them with the 737 it only makes sense to keep them on. As long as they have their SWA number they can come over as each AB leaves and replaced with a 737. The Denver Base lock will help them in the transition. It will not hurt SWA since they cannot fly the AB. That will be more than any F9 would expect. Remember, they are being auctioned off. They could be out on the street.
user_online.gif
progress.gif

I am in the same boat at SWA. Alot of guys and girls are saying staple. I will say from a cost piont of view, Swa is all about money. I think they would hire local DEN F9 people to keep moving cost down, DOH would kill the senortiy of about 2000 + pilots at SWA. Brother it took me 10 years to get here. Just like it was for you mabey. Will all due respect looking at your pic boy do I know how that life style was, so I know where you are coming from (a brother just wants a break). So let's say we figure out some fair intergration of a staple to the bottom with pay, vaction based on years of svervice and Base lock, or some sort of ratio in favor of SWA. We would both win. We would grow Denver, grow domesticaly and internationly. I know upgrade for me and you would be 15 years but we will see. What I do know and I don't speak for all, is we would not want to see any F9 families on the street. Like I have posted before F9 people are a well known commodity, which would be a valuable asset to our culture and customers. Every person I know at SWA has either been on the streets before, any where from other airlines going under or mabey just got out of the Military got on with UA then furloghed after 911. So senority is such a touchy subject. Hey just think you will get free beer for a year. Oh yea 123 baby. I wish all of us luck.

I am in the same boat at SWA. Alot of guys and girls are saying staple. I will say from a cost piont of view, Swa is all about money. I think they would hire local DEN F9 people to keep moving cost down, DOH would kill the senortiy of about 2000 + pilots at SWA. Brother it took me 10 years to get here. Just like it was for you mabey. Will all due respect looking at your pic boy do I know how that life style was, so I know where you are coming from (a brother just wants a break). So let's say we figure out some fair intergration of a staple to the bottom with pay, vaction based on years of svervice and Base lock, or some sort of ratio in favor of SWA. We would both win. We would grow Denver, grow domesticaly and internationly. I know upgrade for me and you would be 15 years but we will see. What I do know and I don't speak for all, is we would not want to see any F9 families on the street. Like I have posted before F9 people are a well known commodity, which would be a valuable asset to our culture and customers. Every person I know at SWA has either been on the streets before, any where from other airlines going under or mabey just got out of the Military got on with UA then furloghed after 911. So senority is such a touchy subject. Hey just think you will get free beer for a year. Oh yea 123 baby. I wish all of us luck.

I realize that not everyone will be happy, whether that is some SWA or all of the F9 guys/gals, that is just the process and its ups and downs. Personally, i think it will be to the advantage of the SWA pilots no matter how it comes about, and i support that since they are the ones buying us out of BK. One of those things i just have to accept and move forward with. Like i said, i would LOVE to have DOH, but i truly doubt with everything i have that that will even be close to what comes about should SWA win the auction. Staple with pay protection and everything you mention is probably what we will end up with or a variation of it somehow, and again i will accept it...doesn't mean i have to like it, but i will accept it.;) One thing i would love to keep is our scheduling as well, so much easier for us commuters to use than what "i have been told" you SWA guys/gals have. Can't beat being able to make EVERY trip commutable on both the front end and the back so i don't need a crash pad or to stay in a hotel the night before or after. Yes, the road to fruition came at a price with my last job. It was a blast, but the QOL sucked, but i sucked it up so that i could move on to F9.

One thing i want to know about though, is this "free beer for a year" though. I knew about the 123, but "free" sounds even better.:D

WN is only buying F9 for the gates and other assets. WN business plan a 1 type aircraft fleet.

I smell another AA/TWA deal......where the F9 staff gets screwed

I realize that not everyone will be happy, whether that is some SWA or all of the F9 guys/gals, that is just the process and its ups and downs. Personally, i think it will be to the advantage of the SWA pilots no matter how it comes about, and i support that since they are the ones buying us out of BK. One of those things i just have to accept and move forward with. Like i said, i would LOVE to have DOH, but i truly doubt with everything i have that that will even be close to what comes about should SWA win the auction. Staple with pay protection and everything you mention is probably what we will end up with or a variation of it somehow, and again i will accept it...doesn't mean i have to like it, but i will accept it.;) One thing i would love to keep is our scheduling as well, so much easier for us commuters to use than what "i have been told" you SWA guys/gals have. Can't beat being able to make EVERY trip commutable on both the front end and the back so i don't need a crash pad or to stay in a hotel the night before or after. Yes, the road to fruition came at a price with my last job. It was a blast, but the QOL sucked, but i sucked it up so that i could move on to F9.

One thing i want to know about though, is this "free beer for a year" though. I knew about the 123, but "free" sounds even better.:D

Yes first year probation peeps get all thier drinks bought buy the captian, even some of the FO's and the FA's bought me drinks. So what ever the outcome may be DOH, ratio, or staple, I'll even buy the beer to keep the culture going.

Funning thing is, if SWA is successful they have to cut Bedford a check for the financing Republic provided Frontier.

Typical Bedford. If he wins, he wins. If he loses, he still wins.
Well put. You gotta hand it to the guy...

The auction ploy where SW was almost certain to enter the auction, may have been calculated as the best, if not the only way, for BB to get his money back.

Hey starchkr what do all the F9 guys and girls think about a staple with pay protection? Would that be fair or a straight DOH seniority? Because If it was DOH then you guy's would jump at least 2500 overall numbers I think. Just trying to get a vibe.
Which is why they would never get it.

Latest resources

Back