SWA Behind in Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airlinepilot

Flew with a guy that had just come back from Dallas doing interviews. He said we are way behind in hiring and that the pool is very low. I also asked the question about guys/gals with types getting interviews first. He didn't say it was an absolute fact but he did say it makes good sense when we are trying to get people into training quickly (don't have to wait for them to get their type so you can get them into training ASAP). Anyway, good news if you get in the pool.....minimum waiting time. On another note looks like the new base will be anounced next week.

I heard they are interviewing 24 a day now. Is this for increased hiring or are they going to be even more selective?

My big day is coming next week.

fugghedabowdit said:
I heard they are interviewing 24 a day now. Is this for increased hiring or are they going to be even more selective?

The type rating school people need new shoes for their kids...please, think of the kids.

fugghedabowdit said:
I heard they are interviewing 24 a day now.

One guy says the "pool is low" the next guy says "interviewing 24 a day". Sounds to me like the "pool" is overflowing with applicants, but SWA is throwing too many back in the pool.

There's a big difference between a large "pool" of applicants and the "pool" of already hired waiting for class folks.

Gup

skiandsurf said:
One guy says the "pool is low" the next guy says "interviewing 24 a day". Sounds to me like the "pool" is overflowing with applicants, but SWA is throwing too many back in the pool.

Do you know what a pool is?

fugghedabowdit said:

Think positive. They are probably just trying to get more people in the pool so they have a little buffer.

Dangerkitty said:

Yeah, ball and cue game: a game played with a cue stick, cue ball and 15 balls on a felt-covered table with six pockets. So, how does somebody wait in this?

RJones said:
Yeah, ball and cue game: a game played with a cue stick, cue ball and 15 balls on a felt-covered table with six pockets. So, how does somebody wait in this?

When you figure it out let me know. :D

Dangerkitty said:
A pool is where they train divers. And as everybody knows, there are more divers looking for pilots, than pilots looking for divers.

:beer:

Latest resources

Back