• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA August 22 class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's hard to believe only two of us on the board will be in the Aug 22nd class. Is there anyone else out there? At least one other who interviewed with me on 4/4 will be in the same class. See you there flypirate24!

Hey guys,
congrates on the classdate. you are right, i wish more would post getting a date so the rest of us swimmers have a clue.
i interviewed on 10 May with a type, and i'm waiting patiently.

take care,
Nav

My buddy interviewed in FEB, got the type on 18APR....still no call.

Last edited:
Just had recurrent and spoke with one of the chiefs.

He said there are 2 or 3 classes in August and 2 in September (Don't quote me on that, I can't remember exactly). What I do remember him saying is no more classes for the rest of the year and no more interviews either.

There are a whopping 400-500 in the pool!! And we expect to hire about that many (or less!) for 2008. So guys waiting for an interview - don't expect one for another year or more. Sorry for the bad news, guys.

He did say one interesting tid bit: All things being equal, the computer chooses the most recent updated online apps. So Update, Update, and oh yeh, update.

Of course, everything is subject to change as of.....now.

Doing the type right now and LL from PD came in to talk to us on Thursday. She says the pool has 300 in it and interviews planned for August and then no more till Jan or Feb at the earliest.

she assured us that all the poolies will get in by June of next year...but everything can change for the better or worse depending on the need. she says classes are being forcast as they do schedules of line pilots seeing how many are on reserve and the classes may coincide with deliveries and retierements. Right now 11 pilots a month are retireing...but that too will change if age 65 comes into effect.

She also says that they are going to be swinging back to the typed folks getting priority again. I don't know if that was to just make the guys in our HPA class be glad they spent the cash.....

She also reports that they plan to put 300 pilots on next year...but i think that may include poolies that start next year....

Good luck to all!

ID

For all of you guys that are still swimming - there are a lot of us out there just waiting to get a call for an interview - only to hear now that they're probably done for the year! I got typed in June when things were still going great guns. I had all the numbers that SWA said were competitive. And then, in a month, all the interviews dried up for the year after they cut 08 deliveries in half. So, I wait patiently for an !interview! call - probably not until Dec! Good luck to all in the pool - be glad that you're already in.

I would tend to think there will be more classes after September. Although I believe there are no more classes 'scheduled' past Sept, they don't plan that far ahead, only a month or two out max. So I'd expect more classes. Besides, they still have 17 more 737 deliveries yet this year!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back