SWA April 21st Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ANY more 4/21 folks????

Looks as if we only have 8 people so far...... anyone else going to DAL on 4/20????????

Tred:rolleyes:

How 'bout me?

Called LL for my monthly checkin yesterday (maybe a bit early, but I was sooo curious - I'm # 33 on our list).

LL said I was right at the top of the list for the next class after 21 April. class date TBD.

She stated the class list for 21 April was "solid." I took that to mean she had contacted 20 people who accepted and indicated they would attend the 21 April class.

I guess we must have a gap in our list??

Although no class date set post 21 April - LL was very optimistic. She advised me I would get a call about 3 weeks prior to the class date.

Tick tock...
:)

Gasping for air!!!!!!!

That was not the news I, nor any other poolie, wanted to hear. Just when you get to the point that you think that you are seeing beautiful fields of brown and orange with a dash of blue; they only pull 8 out above you.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the guys and gals kicking it up in the sand. They are doing one heck of a job. Give Saddam a kick in the teeth for me.

I thought with all the activations that SWA maybe needing to make double time through the list. But, Herb forgot to give me the breifing this week on what is going on.

I did speak with LL about 1.5 weeks ago and she said I am right on the bubble for the 4th class, poolie #55. Our list must be short several swimmers. It is about time for someone to throw the Baby Ruth in.

Flyky

My first thought goes to the men and women doing a fantastic job on the other side of the world. That includes a lot of friends, relatives and family members (my brother is in the army tasked with "defending" the supply lines from Basrah to Baghdad) who are on active duty or have been activated by thier respective guard and reserve units.

I would have hoped LL would have said classes TBD in MAY, but I guess that future classes are just a big question mark (with only 3 weeks notice). In light of the recent training decisions it seems SWA has figured out a way to fly the schedule sans 80+ guys. That should be good news for the profitability of SWA, not so good for us poolies (in the short term, because a profitable SWA means jobs in the future). Or maybe SWA has concluded these 80+ pilots will be back very soon.

By the way, here are the latest 1st quarter estimates:

The following are the First Call consensus estimates for first-quarter per- share results of the nation's nine major airlines:

COMPANY 1Q 2003 EPS YEAR-AGO
ESTIMATE EPS
AMR ($5.87) ($3.53)
UAL (11.12) ( 8.81)
Delta Air ( 3.23) ( 2.90)
Northwest ( 3.13) ( 2.01)
Continental ( 2.35) ( 1.79)
Southwest .03 .03
US Airways ( 2.65) ( 4.22)
America West ( 1.22) ( 1.41)
Alaska Air ( 1.87) ( 1.30)

In anycase, let us be more concerned about the troops overseas who are fighting the bad guys in Baghdad and hope for their safe return.

As you Were!!! ... Stop the Presses!!

LL called today.

They're adding 4 slots to the April 21 class and I reluctantly (yeah right) agreed to climb out of the pool!

I'M IN THERE!! Can't believe it!

Heading out right now for the "P" test.

Sigh... it's been such a long cold winter...

See ya all in Big D.

God Bless the USA

Last edited:
Handing out towels...

Great news!! Glad to hear about the 4 additional slots for 21-Apr-03. Congrats InHot...what a difference 30 minutes can make!

Let's say we give these other 3 members another day to report their infamous call, then we'll update the list with towels going to the 7-Apr-03 class. I know this may be a little early to take you out of the pool, but what the heck...you're all pruned anyway!!:D

Keep the good news coming!

W8n4swa:cool:

Latest resources

Back