SWA Application

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LUVStruck

From most of your threads it appears that JB is the lady to send the app to. In an effort to avoid some embarassment, I was hoping to get her title and the correct spelling of her name.

My guess:

Mrs. Jennifer Bauer
Pilot Recruitment

Also: Should I send in a hand-written app or wait a couple weeks until I can get it typed?

Oh yeah: Just send 3 LOR's now and bring the rest in IF I am lucky enough to get an interview, or send them all in now?

Thanks.

Always type.

When I was doing interviews at my old job, I got the impression that the guys who handwrote their apps were slobs and didn't care about detail.

Use the specific address they provide on the www.southwest.com website for sending pilot apps. I don't think sending it to Jennifer personally will help in any way.

Send as many letters of recommendation as you want as long as it is a minimum of three. Bring any additional letters you might get along with you to the interview.

Hope this helps!

Always type.

When I was doing interviews at my old job, I got the impression that the guys who handwrote their apps were slobs and didn't care about detail.

Thats pretty harsh don't you think?...from my experience, it's MUCH MORE neater just to hand write it since it is so darn difficult to align the type writer to fit perfectly into those boxes.

Scan it...

One of the guys on the review board told me that they like it typed or scanned (scanning is the easiest). Just scan it, fill in the boxes, and print it, and then you have a backup on your computer for when they lose all of your paperwork. I know of three occasions that this has happened. However, I also know some pilots that hand wrote their paperwork, so I bet it doesn't make a huge difference...Getting through the interview is the first step...
Good luck...
BTW, classes have always started on Thursday...Wonder if the company is starting a new trend?:p

Ps. It's not Jennifer Bauer anymore. She got married. I think it's Jennifer McCallion.

Last edited:
JB vs. JM

It is Jennifer Bauer now. I'm not sure of the spelling. She got married back in April. Maiden name is McCallion.

Slug

If you want, I will type it for $20. I'll put it in Adobe pdf format so that you will have an electronic copy as well. That's how I did my app and it came out great.

Let me know

Z-

If you plan on utilizing Rob Beeks for his prep service, it'll include Word copies of all SWA app stuff (for before and after the interview invite). The stuff they send you after the invite is the stuff that the board actually sees. The interviewers see what you send in initially. I handwrote my first set but typed up the final stuff with the Word copies.

Good Luck,
shootr

Well, not to throw fuel on the fire but I hand wrote mine and I am now enjoying a flying career at Southwest.

Just make sure it is legible and the numbers add up. One big thing about Southwest is they see the BIG PICTURE.

If you are qualified, you WILL get an interview whether you typed it or not.

GET YOUR APP IN ASAP!

Monday

Turns out that they are starting a new trend, and starting classes on Monday's.

The pile of apps on the floor in JBs office is divided into two piles..
One typed...The other hand written..

Im told it matters not which way you do it but if you do fill the forms out by hand it should be as neat as possible..

Mike
MLBWINGBORN

Latest resources

Back