Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Type or Handwritten...

Hey gang,

FWIW... I wrote mine out by hand and got the job. Here's my $.02 on the issue: If you choose to write, then do so neatly and legibly. Make it look professional. If you choose to type, then do so neatly and legibly. Make it look professional. Some people don't write well and would likely ruin the application. Some people don't know their way around a typewriter and would likely ruin the application.

I usually type my stuff out, but when it came to the SWA application I think I remember it didn't lend itself well to being typewritten. If memory serves correctly, the typewriter would have to be set to 15 pitch in order to get the desired info into the appropriate boxes. Well my typewriter only goes down to 12 pitch. I did a "dry run" with a photocopy of the application and it just didn't look right trying to squeeze info into areas that were too small. Plus, if you are not well versed in tab settings and you don't have a good correction system on your typewriter, then you'll likely have a bigger mess than if you'd taken the time to hand write the darned thing.

If you have good quals, interview well, have good references, and they like YOU, then I doubt they are going to say, "Ya, know we really liked that individual, but they didn't type the application out. Too bad, we would've hired 'em!"

'Nuff said?

Now go get the job!!

RightBettor

If you are interested.....

Greetings-

I also agree that the Typed app looks a LOT better, and doing it yourself on a typewriter just stinks.

If any of you are interested, I’ve got one on Word (.doc) format that I (and about 4 others in my squadron used, all of us were hired, or at least in the pool!)

Send me your e-mail via PM, and I will forward it to you. It amounts to fill in the blanks and looks about a million times better than I could do on my own.

Good luck,

BD32

By the way, Mike, keep those rumors coming. Beers on me if I see you in Dallas!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back