SWA and the illustrious 2nd interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That was classless.

People DIED... and you're going to make fun of it?

Unbelievable... (Shakes head).

I thought the only person SWA has killed was at MDW? I thought Burbank had no fatalities, but look how cheap the gas was back then.

I thought the only person SWA has killed was at MDW? I thought Burbank had no fatalities, but look how cheap the gas was back then.

No disrespect intended but I don't think that was the point. I guess it's easy enough to find the details on a NTSB report, but if memory serves I don't think there were any fatalities on the Burbank overrun either. Regardless whether or not somebody dies I think it's in poor taste to joke about someones misfortune. None of us are beyond making a mistake that could be career ending.... or worse.

double post....

Is showing up at career fairs a good way to cut to the front of the line in respects to getting an interview? I don't even know the protocal for a career fair...do you wear a suit?

Yes, preferably Navy blue with a conservative tie. Also leave the backpack (get a brief case), Doc Martins, iPod, and earring at home. If there are spikes in your hair, comb them out and make sure it is all the same color (and short). If none of these cliches apply to you, then you are already that much closer to getting an interview. Best of luck....it's well worth the time/money/effort.

You're right, the only fatality was the kid up in MDW...

Same basic idea. Bashing airlines for accidents they've had or using them as a sick joke is never in good taste.

Use them as an example where change in culture is needed (PCL Flight 3701 is a perfect example), or for training of "what not to do". Just act with class.

just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the 2% issue mentioned in this post. a capt. buddy spoke to LL in the PD for me last week. (i am looking for my 3rd interview) she was very specific: the current interview candidates they are calling will only consist of 2% return interviewees. they want new blood in there. she added that after this summer, that demographic might be changed. she looked at my current app and encouraged me to possibly expect a call this winter.

I will second that interview performance is the main thing that matters. Attitude/SWA fit being the only requirement.

Remember, these PD folks are experts in recruiting and are looking for simply the right culture fit. Hours and licenses go out the door once you show up in DAL to interview.

Many people feel entitled to the job cause they bought a type rating and that just isn't right. It will help you get the interview, but its all attitude that will get you the good phone call.

Best of luck guys!

Latest resources

Back