• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AirTran......SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Airtran Acquisition is so Yesterday... Last week it was announced that SW was bought by Aeroflot!

They are using the SW network to disperse Mail Order Brides and Cheap Vodka, In return we are sending the Distillers of West Texas over to show them how to improve their product!

Welcome Komrades!
KBB

How do SWA and AirTran employees feel about the purchase of AirTran by SWA that closes tomorrow?

Thing is, doesn't even matter how anyone "feels" about the transaction. It is was it is. How the SLI and merging of OPS goes from here will determine ones "feelings" as an ongoing concern.

A lot of SWA pilots could get royally screwed, but it's a win-win for AirTran pilots. It's like hitting the lottery for AirTran pilots.

A lot of SWA pilots could get royally screwed, but it's a win-win for AirTran pilots. It's like hitting the lottery for AirTran pilots.

Uh, no, Bob. When you win the lottery, you don't have to work anymore.

This isn't winning the lottery, but it is a positive development . . . . for employees, customers and shareholders.

Ty, when I was at ASA and got hired at SWA back in 2006, it was a completely different experience, I was getting out, changing uniforms, and moved shortly there after. For most of the Airtran employees no real change will occur so quickly. At some point, there will be a new chapter in the Airtran employees life. Your life will grow in different areas. Just not being an Airtran employee, is like when I worked at ASA people asked when I was going to be a professional pilot. Airtran isn't exactly the same status, but SWA takes it up another notch. I know most people in Atlanta are SWA who? At least it was that way in 2006. Hopefully soon, the real aspects of your life will get better. This is not an SLI discussion, but real improvements, I hope are coming for you all that are actually better. I know at ASA I was still proud of what I did, and made the best of it. I see that in Airtran employees as well. SWA has a lot of things that are distinctive, that will give you more of what Airtran never could deliver. There is an iconic experience at SWA that is fun to work in. Cheers. I hope that comes sooner rather than later for all you all.

Ty, when I was at ASA and got hired at SWA back in 2006, it was a completely different experience, I was getting out, changing uniforms, and moved shortly there after. For most of the Airtran employees no real change will occur so quickly. At some point, there will be a new chapter in the Airtran employees life. Your life will grow in different areas. Just not being an Airtran employee, is like when I worked at ASA people asked when I was going to be a professional pilot. Airtran isn't exactly the same status, but SWA takes it up another notch. I know most people in Atlanta are SWA who? At least it was that way in 2006. Hopefully soon, the real aspects of your life will get better. This is not an SLI discussion, but real improvements, I hope are coming for you all that are actually better. I know at ASA I was still proud of what I did, and made the best of it. I see that in Airtran employees as well. SWA has a lot of things that are distinctive, that will give you more of what Airtran never could deliver. There is an iconic experience at SWA that is fun to work in. Cheers. I hope that comes sooner rather than later for all you all.
Well-said. :)

Uh, no, Bob. When you win the lottery, you don't have to work anymore.

This isn't winning the lottery, but it is a positive development . . . . for employees, customers and shareholders.

Positive development for AirTran pilots for sure. Everyone else, not as much!

And you know that I know that you Trannies all know you've hit the lottery. We all know you're just posturing at this point.

Latest resources

Back