Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWA GUY

BMF
CP-HOU told me the other day that we are getting 90 -700's in 30 months.

That being said, 11.5 crews to every plane, equals 1035 pilots in 30 months.

Further, if this is correct, we will have to put 30 pilots in class every month, and that ends up being 345 pilots for 04.

This doesn't take into consideration the removal of the remaining 25 -200's. But, it also doesn't take into consideration age 60 retirements or forced medical retirements.

I hope this is correct for you poolies and for us FO's.

Me thinks the fuse is lit!

HC

Last edited:
Yee Ha!

Kind of surprised nobody jumped all over this one. So I'll do it.

"HOT DIGGITY DAWG!" :D

Just can't wait to fly one o' them puppies!

sorry coop, sorry swa guy,

I think most of us were so involved with trying to win the "bet" that we overlooked this thread.

Those numbers you give are definitely great news for all us poolies. I believe I speak for all of us in here that we know 2004 is going to be an exciting year.

But can we make 2003 especially 4th qtr to be the beginning of the excitement? I'd like to win the model airplane.

aj:D

I hope you won't be sending too many of those airplanes in the direction of MDW. I was just reading that delays have become so bad there that MDW ranked 30th out of the 31 largest "hub" (I know you guys hate that word) airports for on time performance. Mayor Daley is blaming the TSA, and the TSA is blaming the facilities for the problems on the security side of the trouble. MDW sure has changed from the post Midway #1 days in the early and mid 90s. Officials from SWA and ATA have publicly stated that today's problems at MDW are having a significant impact on their day to day operations.

That's strange about MDW's ranking. I go through MDW several times a month and I don't usually have ANY delays.

There has been some crummy wx blowing through this summer, maybe the results of the report are based on quarterly or month over month delays?

The worst airport consistantly for me has been STL. But, I think things will change when AA cuts their deps/arrs in half.

HC

Here's a question for you SWA people that i don't understand.

Why is it that SWA is only allowed to fly to bordering states from Love field? A better question maybe, why can't i fly from DAL to PHX non-stop? Does it have to do with DFW at all.?.

Thanks

I believe it is due to the "Wright Ammendment" which limited the flights originally to the contiguous states around Texas, and I think that was changed to include a couple other states like Alabama. The ammendment was trying to help out AA out of DFW I believe.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

It called the Wright Amendment

Under the terms of the Wirght Amendment (1979) the so called Love Field Compromise-no airline may provide non-stop or throught plane service out of Love Field to any city in any state beyond the four states immendiately bordering Texas: Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. Southwest cannot advertise, publish schedules, check bagagge or publish though fares to any other cities. This was a way to penalize airlines refusing to move to Dallas Fort Worth. That's all.

You are correct Swrpipe.

In addition(for the others wanting to know), the Wright Amendment was established prior to SWA entering business. So, when SWA started business at Love, we felt it didn't apply to us. SWA never signed any agreement to move from Love to DFW, simply because we didn't exist when the deal was made. However, we must abide by the agreement, and we do. And we don't have any plans on contesting it, or even worrying too much about it. What was in the beginning a hindrance to SWA, became something of a boone to SWA. As now it kinda protects us.

I hope this makes sense....

HC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back