SWA acceptance rate?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hyeflyin

Anyone know what percent of those who interview get the job. I have heard its as low as 1 in 4. Any truth to that? Also does it increase your chance of getting the job if you already have a type? Thanks

1 in 8 when I tricked them into hiring me way back when...

Would hardly call 1 in 4 low. Although a different era, in 1988, 6000 applicants, interviewing 100 a month to hire 10. 10% of interviewed hired, 1.6% of applicants hired (1 in 60). Every interviewed pilot got a very indepth physical at the Mayo Clinic.

Last edited:
hyeflyin said:
Also does it increase your chance of getting the job if you already have a type? Thanks

I don't think so but I don't work there so I don't know. I know at least 10-12 people that had the type and did not get the job.

2 out of 11 for my group. 2 out of 12 for my buddy....stellar #'s, huh? Not to send SWA/FO through the roof (I Luv you man....not in the brokeback way though...), but has anybody heard FDX hire %'s lately?

From what I have been following, the hiring ratio has been from 15-25% of candidates interviewed.

As for the type giving you a better chance, that is not true. There have been plenty of people on this board who have had the type and not been hired.

UAL was hiring 1 in 24 during the late 90's. Wasted time on both sides, IMO.

Fedex seems to run over 80% - 4 for 5 in my group.

Fox-Tree said:
UAL was hiring 1 in 24 during the late 90's. Wasted time on both sides, IMO.

Fedex seems to run over 80% - 4 for 5 in my group.

Having never made a cut like that in my life, I can assure you that your figures are not accurate.

Don't sell yourself short Mugs........................even a blind squirrel finds a nut once and a while.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back