SWA - AAI question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BlueBlood

When do you Citrus dudes get to operate under the SWA dudes contract? I don't understand the whole process and what happens and when. My buddy in ATL was telling me that he is hoping for sooner rather than later and he wasn't sure, but thought may be this summer.

If this has been covered already, I apologize. I just don't feel like reading the thousands of posts on the subject to find out.

Last edited:
When they are on the SWAPA seniority list they will be working under the SWAPA contract. I personally think by summer is pretty optimistic but who knows. Could drag out for a while and then if it goes to arbitration...well, just look at the current RP F9 deal.... still no final word on that as far as I know and that has been going on for well over a yr. I do think all of us at SWA and AT want it over as quickly as possible... hopefully we can come to an agreement sooner rather than later once integration talks begin.

The merger first has to be approved by the DOJ, which is scheduled to happen sometime in the second quarter.

If and Once that happens it could be anywhere from one day to 18 or 24 months depending on which contract language is used, longer if arbitration is needed. It will either be a smooth transition like Delta/Northwest or denigrate into something like a US/AWA or RP/F9 situation. No one will know until negotiations start after the DOJ approval.

I think it is more likely to be 24 months or longer if the SWA guys agree to let it go longer. The 18 months in the AAI contract was agreed to after the announcement date and won't likely hold water if challenged.

I think it is more likely to be 24 months or longer if the SWA guys agree to let it go longer. The 18 months in the AAI contract was agreed to after the announcement date and won't likely hold water if challenged.

I assume you are refering to the date of constructive notification as it pertains to the AAI PWA. The date of constructive notification has no bearing on the AAI PWA. All sections must be honored by SWA once they complete the transaction.

All sections must be honored by SWA once they complete the transaction.

Really, what if they don't? They aren't party to the AirTran agreement and it was signed after the merger announcement. You really think an arbitrator is going to force a company to merge with another? Not likely. AirTran's best bet is for a speedy SLI so the SWAPA guys will help them get onto the SWA contract as soon as possible. They may fly under the AirTran CBA for years otherwise.

Really, what if they don't? They aren't party to the AirTran agreement and it was signed after the merger announcement. You really think an arbitrator is going to force a company to merge with another? Not likely. AirTran's best bet is for a speedy SLI so the SWAPA guys will help them get onto the SWA contract as soon as possible. They may fly under the AirTran CBA for years otherwise.

So ... What you're saying is; 'If I can't take your seniority, I won't let my company give you the same pay as I get. It's all about culture'.

Is that your position Willy ? :D

Bill, you have already been informed that SWA mgmnt signed an acknowlement of the clause regarding our CBA requirement to merge operations within 18 months.

Obviously, you feel better remaining in a state of denial. Ask your MC, if you want to know the facts. Otherwise, carry on.

Last edited:
Dicky, I think the bigger question is "What are you going to do if they don't abide by your contract?" Seriously, what do you think your ammo will be to resolve the violation of your contract?

Same question to you TY. what if they don't? What is your recourse?

Latest resources

Back