Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Headfake14

646 3A
okay...here it goes...I heard from a fellow pilot at work who heard from his buddy, (not his dry-cleaner) that said he got a call for his 2nd try at only 10 months. I made sure I clarified that the 10 months was from first interview date and NOT the 1yr anniv. date. Perhaps there was some mis-info between said "friend" and his "buddy".

If this is true...is the 12 month waiting at their discretion? I imagine we (us fine FI folk) would've heard about a reduction in the wait time if it was official.

...questions, comments, concerns, snyde remarks.................

Well, I hope you are correct. :cool:

When the SWA rep was in my HPA class, she told us the application becomes invisible to them for twelve months. As you may have realized, you can still update your original SWA apllication after being turned down.

That's all I know for sure. :laugh:

Second Call

I got my second call in September of 2006. My first was June 2005 with a DB that July. I highly doubt that it was 10 months. I figure it is 12 months from the DB. That was mine.

Remember, you will not get a second call if you are in the same position as you are now. You have to change something. Change aircraft, positions (FO to CAPT to Check Airman) Change companies if it will give you different experiences. I heard it regarding myself and it worked. Why would they call you back when you would have nothing new to offer that what you just showed them. Like your money...diversify...I think that is how you spell it.

Last edited:
...I know...thats why I threw this thread out there to see if anyone heard something. I don't know the qualifications of this "10 month" guy. Maybe he got typed on the Space Shuttle after his first "letter".:rolleyes: I changed over from ATR to the CRJ.

...anyone else hear anything...

That is a good start. Fly it for a 1000 hours and if nothing happens, switch companies to fly something bigger. Good Luck.

I had my 1st interview Jan 05, and have been updating 2x a month ever since. Still no call. I have been a CRJ captain all that time and do not want to become check airman. (Our company really abuses them, and I have a family to think of). I have been calling Lindsey Lang every other month or so and she says that everything is in order, and that I will definately get another shot. It is just a matter of time.

She will not tell you no. Why would she want to be put in that position. I would stop calling. You don't want to be that person that nags them. You calling will not get you another shot. If you are in the same position, why would they want to give you another chance? Nothing has changed. You not wanting to experience more stuff by becoming a check airman probably shows them that you just want to go to work and get a paycheck, not grow or make the company better. Remember 2nd chances are not for sure. Mabye they do look at the past interview, who knows.

She will not tell you no. Why would she want to be put in that position. I would stop calling. You don't want to be that person that nags them. You calling will not get you another shot. If you are in the same position, why would they want to give you another chance? Nothing has changed. You not wanting to experience more stuff by becoming a check airman probably shows them that you just want to go to work and get a paycheck, not grow or make the company better. Remember 2nd chances are not for sure. Mabye they do look at the past interview, who knows.

I'm sorry but doesnt jumping ship to fly something bigger display a lack of loyalty? You are assuming that they are turned down due to flying experience when we all know that there is much more to it than that. My .02 If someone is asking advice I would tell them to keep working hard, make sure all of the criteria; min flt times for the past 12 24 and 36 months are all met, attend any seminars where the PD will be attending for face time and keep prepared. I am not saying to not advance yourself in your current company; checkairman does not hurt, but I don't think it is an absolute however, I do think jumping job to job to fly something bigger would be more harmful than good, especially if someone were a CA in an RJ then to the right seat of a 747. The PIC 121/135 jet or tuboprop, IMHO, carries much more weight. Good luck to you and Happy New Year!

Fair enough, I disagree a bit but that is just my view, various experiences makes you who you are. The interview is what matters I guess. I wish everyone could get a second chance like me, but sitting at the same current position is not going to get one set aside in the stack of thousands. You still have to remember it is competition. Just because you have an ATP and PIC time does not mean you should get a job. It is all how you rank in the competition.

Jesus Red Dog. Where do you come up with this you have to change something to get a second interview junk? That's crap. Do you work in the SWA people Dept? SWA loves to re-interview. It shows how bad you want to work for the airline.

Latest resources

Back