• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SW to hire 650 this year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LiveFreeorDie- You are the man! Please fill us in with more details as soon as you have the opportunity. We're on the edge of our seats. Thanks, Poleaviator

I believe it!

LiveFree,

I have not heard that rumor yet, BUT, was talking to a SWAPA scheduling buddy of mine yesterday and was told that this month we have crossed-over from being thinly manned to undermanned.

Reserves have been exceeding thier guarantee by up to 25% at some bases, both FO's and Capts. Waiting for the new checklist held up the new hire classes at the end of last year and begining of this year and left SWA short.

Hope Gary Kelly is right on the mark with hiring! Glad to have ya aboard!

ring...dam phone...ring with LUV!!

Great news!! Thanks for passing the info along to us hopefull's. We greatly appreciate it.

This is based on USAir folding up this summer and SWA moving in to Charlotte and Pittsburg. Rumor has it SWA will purchase 30 new planes and need crews to fill them. Plans are to move in 72 hours after USAIR ceases operations.

I
Great news!! Thanks for passing the info along to us hopefull's. We greatly appreciate it.

I think it is kind of sad that we are talking about how excited some of us are to take away jobs of all of the US Airways pilots. They havent gone out of business yet and people are already getting excited that when those pilots loose there jobs that they will be able to slip in and get jobs.

Ace757 said:
I think it is kind of sad that we are talking about how excited some of us are to take away jobs of all of the US Airways pilots. They havent gone out of business yet and people are already getting excited that when those pilots loose there jobs that they will be able to slip in and get jobs.

I agree this is highly inappropriate. On another note, a friend who recently interviewed with SWA was informed that, out of 154 who interviewed the month he did, only 40 were selected. If they are hiring 650 this year, based upon these percentages, they'll need to interview close to 2600 applicants, turning down almost 2000! How cost effective is this process?

Red

How cost effective is this process?

SWA's long term corporate success (and huge profits) has been largely the result of hiring "the right people."

I doubt SWA is going to trip over pennies on the way to the dollars.

To answer your question, I think the process is very cost effective, as it results in bigger and better things.

my 2 cents

I don't think anybody is happy about fellow pilots losing their jobs. I think its just more about being excited about growth, hiring and working for a strong company.

We are not taking away jobs at US Airways. Their management has already done that. We are/ will be filling a void and a demand for low fares.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back